Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planin on using my 08 nismo 4x4 cc to haul my 4wheeler and even possible my new 88 hardbody play truck (thatll prolly max @ about 5000-6000lbs) so im lookin into a set of airbags maybe like the firestones to help compensate for the lean (the truck already goes nose up w/ the 8ft trailer & atv bc of the leveling kit)

im also planin to put coilover & 1in shackles on the bak & possible a 2in BL (if it still looks short after the 3in SL) and wanted to kno if the airbags would still work w/ that set-up and if theyll b able to handle some occassional light offroading (maybe a few mud holes or ditches and the like every once in a while)

any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
lift with air bags

Hi, just wondering if anyone on this forum has installed and run Firestone airbags with aal's. searched around on the above link on expedition portal but I couldn't find anything specific about articulation issues, etc. I have a prg advanced lift and I need to haul a quad and tow a small travel trailer. The truck handles them individually with no problems, but i'm worried about putting that much stress on the leaves with them combined.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Looks like the key to keeping the articulation with the bags is tying the air lines togeather so when axle flexes one bag emptys as it fills the other. That ride-right 2403 kit looks nice and heavy duty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like the key to keeping the articulation with the bags is tying the air lines togeather so when axle flexes one bag emptys as it fills the other. That ride-right 2403 kit looks nice and heavy duty.
Yup, will definitely run them linked together on the same air line, a friend runs the ride rites and likes them, will probably go that route. I really want to make sure they can stretch the extra 2.5 inches over stock though before I buy them. I emailed Firestone to see if they have some insight. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think firestone sells spacers that you can use in conjunction with the frontier specific kit to account for a lift. Supposedly they make them for 1-6" of lift. This should allow for full droop but might limit some of the up travel. I think the bags have a limit to the amount of travel they can accommodate (but I don't know what that may or may not be). You might end up having to give up some suspension travel when adding air bags. It probably only matters with AALs or a deaver pack but not with blocks.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I also found that there are different air bags you can get. The basic and the extended travel one with more bellows.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Didn't know there were different travel options available. Do you know how much travel each type of air bag has?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Never seen any travle numbers. Jsut $ numbers. I think the more expensive/high travle ones have 4 bellows instead of the typicla 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts