Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i removed the dash trim today to install my boost gauge in the cubby hole infront of the geat shift and installed everything correctly back into the truck. When i removed the dash i unpluged the 4ways, cig lighter,airbag light, and the airbag on off switch plug. So now my question is i reinstalled everything correctly and now my airbag light in the gauge cluster constantly flashes. So is there a way to reset this light? I unhooked the battery for about five minutes and no batter. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
176 Posts
It used to be stickied in the audio/video section but I didnt see it so Im going to go off of my memory. Im pretty sure it goes like this:
Turn the truck to accessory and wait till the airbag light starts to blink. As soon as it does turn the key off and count to five. Turn it back on to accessory and wait till it starts to blink and turn it back off. You either do this 3 or five times (Im pretty sure its five). After you turn it off the fifth time count to five and turn it back to acc. The light should blink longer and slower. You can watch this as long as you would like. Finally turn the truck off and count to five again. When you turn it back on it shouldn't be blinking anymore. Hope that works but like I said, im going off of memory

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude thanks so much. I couldnt figure this out for the life of me. I went and fixed it and no more blinky light:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok, so I know this is a really old thread, but I had this problem and this technique fixed it for me. Now how the heck do people come up with these techniques?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Ok, so I know this is a really old thread, but I had this problem and this technique fixed it for me. Now how the heck do people come up with these techniques?
you should the stupid human tricks you have to do to program a key fob

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
Great truck
850 Posts
its like on super Mario brothers, back in the 80s. up up down down left right left right b a b a

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok so i removed the dash trim today to install my boost gauge in the cubby hole infront of the geat shift and installed everything correctly back into the truck. When i removed the dash i unpluged the 4ways, cig lighter,airbag light, and the airbag on off switch plug. So now my question is i reinstalled everything correctly and now my airbag light in the gauge cluster constantly flashes. So is there a way to reset this light? I unhooked the battery for about five minutes and no batter. Can anyone help??
What year is your truck? I bought a 02 Frontier 2.4L, automatic. When I took my truck for safety inspection, he said the air bag light will not come on. I never seen it ON on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,346 Posts
What year is your truck? I bought a 02 Frontier 2.4L, automatic. When I took my truck for safety inspection, he said the air bag light will not come on. I never seen it ON on the instrument cluster.
It turns on every time you start the truck. It's immediately left of the "BRAKE" for the parking brake.
Here's a link to where you can download your FSM.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,346 Posts
Thanks, My truck probably have bad lamp or bulb. Last time I replace illumination lamp, i saw some led mini-bulb soldered to the board.
Here's a pic of the leds inside the instrument cluster. This one is from an Xterra. I pulled the needles to access but it's tricky to get the needles back on in the correct place to get them to function correctly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the reply and these pictures. I guess I have to remove the face plate of the instrument cluster to find out what led bulb is out. And then remove and replace, that's soldering involve. I'll check local junk yard, hoping they have my truck, get the instrument cluster. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts