Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last post had 500+ views, 1 reply. Just help a poor boy out. Thought this was “Community”
Short sweet to the point.
I have a 98 frontier, 2wd.
took the carpet out, it was gross, cleaned/painted
Since then Airbag light has continued to flash.
help me turn this ***** off.The only thing I did was take out the middle seatbelt but there weren’t and connectors, so I thought. Maybe a ground? Light was not on or flashing until I took carpet out and removed middle seatbelt, help.
not a single light on in the dash but this airbag light and it’s driving me nuts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several times. Key on, wait for the light to go off (right before it starts to flash) turn key to off, take it out. Then repeat 3 times with 5 seconds in between

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, you're not supposed to take the key out.
finally figured it out, you have to use the “door stopper plunger light thingy/dongle” located at the bottom left of the cab where the door would touch if it were closed.
So you gotta leave your door open, turn the key over and press that button 5 times within 8 seconds and it resets it.
just wanted to send out a thank you tho for trying to help me out

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,220 Posts
finally figured it out, you have to use the “door stopper plunger light thingy/dongle” located at the bottom left of the cab where the door would touch if it were closed.
So you gotta leave your door open, turn the key over and press that button 5 times within 8 seconds and it resets it.
just wanted to send out a thank you tho for trying to help me out
Did you just make that up?

·
Registered
882 Posts
There's 4-5 different senario's in the service manual to perform self-diagnostic functions where you press or activate different switches in certain sequences to start the diagnostic check. Very wierd but all true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts