Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 Crew Cab and want something like the ReadyLift that lifts my truck 2.5 in front and 1.5" in the rear. My question is can I still install the Firstone Air bags to maintain a level stance when towing my travel trailer? Thanks

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Yes you can. If the distance between the leaf and frame is increased, then you just have to pump more into the bag.

I wonder if they use a block or shackle for the rear lift? I'd assume block so the standard firstone bag for the frontier should still work.

If anything, download the install pdf and check it out. You may want to also call them and ask about the bags fully extended length and max support weight. They may end up selling you an bag for a different model since it may be 1" longer and will work better for you.

P.S. If you are towing and using blocks or shackles, you are going to kill your leafs extremely quick. You may want to use an Add-A-Leaf instead or a complete leaf pack replacement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like that kit uses a longer shackle..so the distance between the frame and leaf spring would be increased thus making it a longer distance for the bags to cover...hmmm

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Looks like that kit uses a longer shackle..so the distance between the frame and leaf spring would be increased thus making it a longer distance for the bags to cover...hmmm
I would call them and see what they say. My thinking is that they will say use the stock bag and that it will just require more pressure to keep it level. The only other thing they can say is to use another bag that is a little bit taller.

How are blocks going to flatten the springs?
Its a standard thing on these trucks. Our leafs suck and will flatten out even without any load or lift. Using blocks will or shackles, mainly shackles will increase the rate of failure. This is why an AAL is a better choice and an entire 10 leaf pack is best (heck, a DIY Xterra/Frontier hybrid pack works well too).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got done reading the Firestone Air Bag install and that guy used a 2" spacer in the front and just airbags in the rear...I think that's the way I want to go...air them babies up when I'm towing my trailer then let the pressure back out when I'm done...maybe some different shocks...

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Just beware, the bags are built for support, now for lift. Well, they will lift but that isn't their main function. Plus, using them for lift will cause you to have a pretty rough ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts