Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried aftermarket mud flaps for their truck? I'm going to be installing Rally Armor onto my 1st gen as I can't fit the thick plastic mud flaps anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I insisted on having the flaps on this new Frontier I'm driving. I found out, with my '07, that these are poorly designed for gravel roads and cow pastures, throwing mud and cow crap all over themselves. You have a devil of a time getting cow manure and Missouri mud off ANY pickup, but it's much worse if the vehicle design literally throws the stuff all over the vehicle.
That was the case with my '07, it tossed crap all over itself like a hog rolling around in a muddy lot.

These things are not perfect, someone sitting somewhere they never get off-pavement designed them, and did a credible job making sure they keep car washes in business.

I spend some time out in Missouri and South Dakota on hunting trips, that involves a LOT of gravel road driving, and pasture driving, too. You find out quick that these things are "town trucks" and not really meant to be where pavement is scarce.

I've seen domestic-branded full-sized pickups permanently stained by Missouri muck, it's that bad. Living in Kentucky now, I can still recognize a Missouri vehicle when I see it. A couple of years ago, I was in Louisville and noticed a Buick Enclave or Rendezvous with that telltale muck stain on it, and when I checked the license plate, it had Missouri tags (they were in town for the FFA Convention).

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know what you are saying . My truck was bad when I had 31s on it and now I am on 33s and ford axles . It is a mud slinging fool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the Rally Armor flaps on my 1st gen. It rained today too so I got to test them out, work great. By work great I mean they don't sling a tsunami off the tire into my open window anymore! ::grin::

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use rally armor basic plus. Oversized version of what was on my impreza. Better coverage than oe depending on placement and they are really inexpensive

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use rally armor basic plus. Oversized version of what was on my impreza. Better coverage than oe depending on placement and they are really inexpensive
These are the ones I bought, Rally Armor basic. They look like they don't cover the width of my tire, but they do it's just the angle. For $23 and free shipping who can argue with that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts