Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a aftermarket front bumper for my 17' P4X.
Can't decide on Shrockworks, ARB or Iron Bull Brands. I narrowed down to these 3 because they allow for a winch.
Anyone have any of these? What pro's or cons? How difficult was installation?
Pics of each:
1 Iron Bull
2 Shrockworks
3 ARB

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a Shrockworks and they are heavy ...you will need to upgrade your front coilover / shocks to an aftermarket coilover with a 650 lb to 700 lb spring rate.
I have hit Qty 2 deer and they just bounce off ..hose off the blood.
I have bashed it into the side of the Bear Tooth mountains on the Morrison Jeep trail in Wyoming/Montanna and all it did was gouge the powder coat.
The powder coating on the Shrockworks are super thick and durable.

·
Registered
861 Posts
And you can have bumper monkeys on them as counter weight so you dont flip off the side of the mountain and die.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dont forget about ARB bumpers.....they are lighter in weight than the Shrockworks and Hefty Fab
Not sure if they still sell them in the USA but Car ID is showing them for sale here is the link:
https://www.carid.com/2009-nissan-frontier-off-road-bumpers/arb-deluxe-full-width-front-hd-winch-bumper-with-grille-guard-716929840.html

ARB was one of his top 3 in the initial post :) I didn't know they were lighter than the other heavy hitters, though (no pun intended). What did your ARB weigh in at?

I'd personally be keen on the ARB Sahara bumper, though ARB USA doesn't advertise it:

If anyone is hunting for the standard ARB, it may be worth checking out eBay. I'm seeing a couple sellers list at $995 shipped. Although I'm sure it will come down to whether ARB USA is still offering them, this may be a good place to look (or contact a forum vendor and ask them to price match :))

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont forget about ARB bumpers.....they are lighter in weight than the Shrockworks and Hefty Fab
Not sure if they still sell them in the USA but Car ID is showing them for sale here is the link:
https://www.carid.com/2009-nissan-frontier-off-road-bumpers/arb-deluxe-full-width-front-hd-winch-bumper-with-grille-guard-716929840.html

Car-id has ARB with 2 week shipping time. I do like that they added a PDF containing Installation Directions on Car-id site.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iron Bull site shows the base model bumper. They also have a big list of add-ons for base model that go from mild to Mad Max/Road Warrior !! They got some Wild, Killer looking bumpers.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've no idea why no one mentioned one of our own's outfits.

Check this thread. Get a back bumper as well while youre at it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe, when you're ready to install I'd be glad to help if you need a hand.
Thank you!
I will be offering up my current brush guard with custom made recovery points (frame mounted) once new bumper arrives. (Lights, shackles & shovel not included.)
Pic's of brush guard & recovery points going up for sale .

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
The design, construction, packaging and quality of the Shrockworks bumper is outstanding. Their customer service is also top notch.

As a former Mech Design Eng, I chose them due to the inherit strength of their design. Formed structural elements are far superior to pieced together, welded designs and their bracing and bracketing just adds more strength. I also hit a deer (45MPH w/o hitting the brakes) and the bumper didn't suffer any noticeable damage. The powder coat on Shrockworks products is also very high quality.

Good Luck whatever you choose!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The design, construction, packaging and quality of the Shrockworks bumper is outstanding. Their customer service is also top notch.

As a former Mech Design Eng, I chose them due to the inherit strength of their design. Formed structural elements are far superior to pieced together, welded designs and their bracing and bracketing just adds more strength. I also hit a deer (45MPH w/o hitting the brakes) and the bumper didn't suffer any noticeable damage. The powder coat on Shrockworks products is also very high quality.

Good Luck whatever you choose!
Thank you for your insight & review.
That's very impressive that your bumper made it through unscathed after a 45mph deer encounter.
I pictured in my mind a deer exploding from that hit, like a "Wile E. Coyote cartoon". Lol.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Thank you for your insight & review.
That's very impressive that your bumper made it through unscathed after a 45mph deer encounter.
I pictured in my mind a deer exploding from that hit, like a "Wile E. Coyote cartoon". Lol.

That is basically what happened..... and the contents of its stomach ended up in my passenger side front suspension and wheel well. Bambi, unfortunately, didn't survive.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've no idea why no one mentioned one of our own's outfits.

Check this thread. Get a back bumper as well while youre at it.

I’ll second this. Have a Shrock front bumper only because Eric wasn’t in business when I got it. The rear is from eolivas with dual swing outs. It replaced a Shrock rear. Do yourself a favor and talk to Eric. You won’t regret it especially if you want some custom touches.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts