Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys running for aftermarket fogs in your stock bumper location.

I wish the Piaa 525's would fit

Anyhow, already did the bulb upgrade, looking for a stock fit, preferably name brand vs ebay product.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would like to add fogs also. I know you don't want to go with ebay, but has anyone had good results with ebay stock replacements?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am also interested in getting fox lights.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What are you guys running for aftermarket fogs in your stock bumper location.

I wish the Piaa 525's would fit

Anyhow, already did the bulb upgrade, looking for a stock fit, preferably name brand vs ebay product.

Thanks
There is nothing. Well nothing like you'd expect.

The aftermarket fogs will come as circle lights without a way to mount them on the bumper (though the seller will tell you to get some PVC pipe or take it to a custom car shop to retrofit it somehow). OME fogs mount via original plastic holders, which you get with an OME foglight purchase.

Electrically, getting aftermarket fogs is a mess. You will have to custom wire them and had some getto, cheap switch inside somewhere. OME fogs require another joystick to turn them off and on.

The OME set will cost $200 and will get it done right. It is almost like plug and play because all of the electrical is already there, but simply no fog lights or switch on an SE.

Short: Aftermarket foglights are crap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
in my 2000 the fog openings are rectangular. i've got some piaa 2100 driving lights ordered that look like they will fit. i've going to connect them to the fog light circuit. i downloaded the wiring diagrams from nissanhelp.com and it looks like a 1-wire swap to get the fog circuit to stay on when the high beams are on. that way i'll use the existing fog switch to control the driving lights.

otherwise, the 2000 frontier uses the same dash as the xterra. as such, the frontier has a dummy cap on the opening where the xterra dome light switch goes - order the switch from courtesyparts.com and use it to operate your fogs - no cheap-looking toggle switch that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Hella 500 amber's would look nice tucked in the mouth, they match the round headlight style. My area can get dangerously foggy when the conditions are right, the SVE lacking OE fogs puts me in a position to find quality aftermarket peices.

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
i got a set like this 03 04 FRONTIER XTERRA OEM CLEAR LENS BUMPER FOG LIGHTS : eBay Motors (item 310210435891 end time Apr-03-10 17:19:39 PDT) and it was very easy to install and has help up for over a year and a half, and has pretty good light output.
OK, your link has 03-04 lights roughly 2/3 the price of my link which is good but the question remains, what's the difference between the 01 bay and the 03 bay? Can I use the 03 lights in my 01? I'll measure mine if you'll measure yours, teehee.

Asmodeus

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have a set of Pilot's don't remember the part # they work alot better than the stocks cause the light is a wider beam. had to have a friend pull back the bumper cover while i drilled the 2 holes for the mounts.
i found the kit in Carlise truck show 2 years ago for $40.00 seen them online for about 65 cause i need a new set rock cracked one of them over the winter.
Everyone who has seen them think they are hid cause they are so bright. but they are not.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
aftermarket lights from Pilot

Several years ago I put these lights that I bout from Pep Boys into the stock location on my Titan. They were the perfect size...4" round I think. the mounting bracket could be adjusted to go staight backwards. Drilled some holes in the plastic cup were the lights went and had zero issues for 5 years. looked stock too. I dont know if the Fronty is the same as mine came with stock lights. The other rectangular lights i put in the tow hook slots...because I didn't have any.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OK, your link has 03-04 lights roughly 2/3 the price of my link which is good but the question remains, what's the difference between the 01 bay and the 03 bay? Can I use the 03 lights in my 01? I'll measure mine if you'll measure yours, teehee.

Asmodeus
hmm im not sure what the difference is, maybe sooomeone on here might know, maybe ill snap some shots and measure mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts