Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought a JVC cd player, the installation kit and the wires. When I got home and after I took out the center console, I tried matching the the thing the cd player goes in to the empty spot the stock radio was, and I found out that both the pieces don't match up. I bought everything from Best Buy.

Can anyone help? Any ideas?

Picture:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic frame thing to fit it into the dash or the wire connectors? Either way, if they are not matching up chances are you got the wrong one. If you got the same harness I got at bestbuy it has two three connectors on it, make sure you are using the right ones, try the others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the plastic frame thing to fit it into the dash or the wire connectors? Either way, if they are not matching up chances are you got the wrong one. If you got the same harness I got at bestbuy it has two three connectors on it, make sure you are using the right ones, try the others.
I'm talking about the plastic frame thing. If you match one side up flush, the other side sticks out about 1/4". I got the right one at best buy because they car guy said it would fit.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
From my experience the audio guys at my local bestbuy are not anyhelp. 1st gens came with three different dashboards. I am not certain that the cd location is different but maybe its something to look into... I have a doubledin replacement so I dont know.

My point is that if it says 98-04 this may not be the case.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
post pics of what is not fitting/working right, that might help us figure out what you need to fix it. my stereo had 2 cannon plugs and the radio antenna plug

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frijolero, the second picture you put up is exactly what the interior of my truck looks like. I will post pictures up hopefully later today of my problems.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Thats what the interior is like in all 01-04 and the 1st pic is 98-00. What I was trying to say is that if the install kit says 98-04 it may not work for one or they other because the dash is different.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
If you have a dremel or something of the like I would just cut it myself to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Dremel = rotary tool

I use a little baby saw blade and follow it by one of the sanding drums when cutting plastic.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thats what the interior is like in all 01-04 and the 1st pic is 98-00. What I was trying to say is that if the install kit says 98-04 it may not work for one or they other because the dash is different.
01s (or atleast some of them, mine for example) have the, as you stated, "98-00" interior

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I was unsure on that one thanks!

Do the pieces around your gauge cluster look like this:

or this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I may be wrong but the first pic is of an '01 SC model. At least that's what my '01 SC looks like except it's a 5 Spd. and has the leather. What is that of?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
^The first pic in my first picture post or the second picture post? The first first is an 00 Frontier and the second first is an 02 X or an 01 Frontier.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Frijolero, the first picture is very similar to my interior. There are a few differences but thats close. ill take a picture tomorrow of i remember.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Maybe we should add some interior specs to the 1st gen faq...?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Maybe we should add some interior specs to the 1st gen faq...?
The more I look the only difference I can see is the space between the shifters and the ash tray. I don't have that little cubby hole thats on the left. Instead I have a keyhole to toggle the passenger side airbag on and off. So that indeed is my interior. I guess the colors kind of threw me off. I've got black and grey instead of silver and grey.

ETA: I think my gauge cluster is the one in picture two.

·
Registered
135 Posts
my Single Din radio install from my 00 Desert Runner was exactly the same as as my 2002 CC.
If your truck came with a factory Double Din radio, I recommend you getting the factory map pocket under the radio. If you had a single Din, then just screw your new unit to bracket where the old unit was.

the 00 DR XE came with a single DIN. my 02 CC came with a double din.

here's the parts list for the D22 radios.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/fronti.../280-audio-visual/-c-2129_2130_2168_2191.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts