Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to replace my factory plastic bumber with an aftermarket bumper. Anyone have any experience with Iron Bull bumpers?

Its' a 2012 Frontier CC SV 4x4

·
Registered
352 Posts
My old neighbor had one on his tundra. Well built, finish was good. He likes it. More ranch style to me. Protection not approach angle

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pretty much every mall-crawler oil money 1 ton around here has an Iron Bull. They look like they're quality pieces, but if they're like anything else that those guys buy, you're looking at big money. Like drewbie said if approach angle is your big concern I'd look at a Hefty or Shrock bumper.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've got one on the rear. It's OK, but not great, sloppy welds, spray on bed liner seems to
be used to cover up a lot of poorly filled seams. Looks like they burned out the mounting
holes with a torch rather than drill or punch them.

I was going to get the front after I saw how things went with this one, I'm going to pass,
although price and customer service were good.

I'm considering WAM Bumpers for the front, been to their shop and checked out their work, it's
very good. But since I've already installed a push bar on my front I may not get one at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
LB, does your IB bumper's upward angle on your backup/reverse sensors have any effect on how they detect?

·
Registered
376 Posts
LB, does your IB bumper's upward angle on your backup/reverse sensors have any effect on how they detect?

Yes, the angle does reduce their effectiveness. They still pick up high obstacles
(people, walls, bushes, poles), but but only pick up bumper height or lower at the
last two feet or so.

I might make some adapters to turn them down at some point.

·
Registered
352 Posts
WAM bumpers makes an excellent product. Had mine in 20 days from Douglassville Georgia to Kremmling Colorado. Built painted and shipped for $1065. Fantastic deal and the communication I got during the build from Natalie was top notch. Quality is also very very very good. Clean welds, good cuts. Mounting was simple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts