Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that makes body mount bushings other than oem? Even the oem bushings are getting discontinued. I feel like my worn out body mount bushings on my truck is making my truck slouch/lean towards one side more than the other.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I need body mount as well. Will take the bed of in the near futur and they could be in the "while i am there" category.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses so far. I did find that Energy Suspension does have universal body mounts, but, question is...what is the factory dimensions of our body mounts or does that not matter as long as I replace all of them with the same size? I was planning to do all of them because I've seen a few that are so badly cracked, I'm not even sure how the truck still feels a bit solid when driving.

I'm sure it's not suspension because I've replaced all my suspension components including steering within the last year.

·
Registered
None, yet
126 Posts
as long as they are not tooooo tall, then its just going to be like a very small body lift if the new ones are a bit taller then the old ones, or smaller would be lowering it a little, ha ha ha.

if you get to tall though then you have to look at adjusting things like steering shafts, radiator fan no sitting in the shroud anymore, brake lines needing adjusting, just anything that could get kinked or pulled apart from the body to the frame but most of the time it has to be a significant body lift to worry about most of that stuff. usually the short lifts only make your shifter hit the console and weird things like that. but, I also have no frontier experience in this area, this is just lift experience from many other vehicles that I noticed is similar in all of them

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was thinking too busemans. I may order whatever that is left from Nissan and then fill the discontinued ones with the universal Energy Suspension ones. When I was looking at the diagram, looks like one or two of the body mount bushings look different than the rest(has one part bushing instead of two). Maybe I'll compare the new ones with whatever that may work with the Energy Suspension universal mounts and just go that route instead and keep the Nissan oems as souvenirs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts