Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone feel like the Nissan has terrible seats for long distance driving? I have leather 2010 LE and omg my back hurts after 4 hours. Anyone buy a lumbar support pillow aftermarket?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
7,856 Posts
That's actually one of the reasons I bought my first fronty. I have a really bad back and I travel a lot so sitting in the car for long periods is usually murder on my lower back. It's one of the few truck seats that didn't hurt mine. I rarely use the adtl lumbar support either. The wife has had Lexus and Jeep SUVs for the last 5 years or so and I could never last more than 3 or 4 hours tops in either

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anyone feel like the Nissan has terrible seats for long distance driving? I have leather 2010 LE and omg my back hurts after 4 hours. Anyone buy a lumbar support pillow aftermarket?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Everybody's body is different. I drove a first gen Tundra for almost 12 years and even though it had a million different electronic seat adjustment configurations, I always felt like a pretzel when I got out. When I get out of the Frontier after driving home from the coast, I forget that I've even been driving! I haven't had a truck this kind to my back since I traded in my '88 Isuzu SpaceCab in 1996!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I've spent many 6-8 hour shifts behind wheel, and for me, I'm as comfortable as any vehicle I've driven. Main reason I chose it over Tacoma was seat position.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Personally I find my truck's seats to be more comfortable than the ones in my wife's Acura TL and I have the basic seats that only slide forward/backward and the back tilts. No lumbar, height adjust, seat tilt or any other adjustments for me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll say this, I have a 2013 SV with the basic cloth seats and at first I was a little worried because my back gives me a ton of issues at times but I've driven a few hundred miles on them in one sitting and have been so surprised at how comfortable they really are. Not sure how much they are like the 2010 models but I imagine you can check into it and maybe swap up to newer seats or check into getting one of those bead things to go over the seat. It's corny to think about but the Taxi drivers use them for a reason and I have heard a ton of guys who drive long distances swear by them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Those wet okoles sure start getting up there in price. I just built a pair for the front and I'm up to $440 with lumbar and heated...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I would imagine that its a built in hump, and not something that is adjustable per say, right?
Nope, they have an air bladder that can be pumped up or down as needed. At least I'm pretty sure I saw that on Wet Okoles. If it wasn't on them it was on Cover Kings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts