Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so forgot rule #1, which is NEVER dink around with anyone else's vehicle.

Long story short, my 4Runner's alternator is having issues so I had the brilliant idea of swapping batteries with my out-of-town housemate's 2004 Frontier to see if his alternator would charge my battery. Dumb idea #1, because our batteries are configured oppositely so the terminals wouldn't reach anyway. So I hooked his battery up again, no worries, right? Wrong. I go to start up his truck to make sure everything's cool, and the brake and battery lights stay on. I test it with a volt meter over the next few days and his battery is slowly losing power and not being recharged. I do a general google search and find that it could be a disconnected ground wire, but I don't see anything that looks obviously disconnected, except this weird janky looking washer connected to two wires.

Anyway, he comes home in a week and I'd rather not have to admit what a dumbass I was until after I've resolved the issue. Does the groundwire issue seem like a possiblity, and if so how do I go about finding/reconnecting it? I'm clearly not very mechanically-inclined, so any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Image-1.jpeg

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,823 Posts
Have the alternator tested and also make sure the 2 wire (sense/light) harness that plugs into the alternator is in tact.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,823 Posts
Check the alternator fuse before anything else. It's in the under hood fuse block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts