Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked at the pics here and maybe I'm just ignorant, but how is this different than installing a K & N filter in the stock box? :?

·
Registered
129 Posts
stonefly said:
I looked at the pics here and maybe I'm just ignorant, but how is this different than installing a K & N filter in the stock box? :?
Installing a K&N drop-in filter in the stock box wil net you absolutely no increase in horsepower or torque. Not just my opinion--I've documented it with several dyno tests. The aFe intake will net you between 8-12 rear wheel horsepower. Once again, not just my opinion--documented by my own dyno tests. To see the charts, check this page:
http://www.reverendbiker.com/frontier/dynotesting.htm

·
Registered
361 Posts
Rev, have you tried the K&N Air Charger part# 63-6014 or the 77-6014KP??

·
Registered
129 Posts
outlnder said:
Rev, have you tried the K&N Air Charger part# 63-6014 or the 77-6014KP??
No, I haven't, though I have owned an FIPK on another vehicle and had pretty good luck with it. I'm not particularly fond of the design of the 77 series as I don't like metal intake tubes because they tend to absorb heat; the 63 series looks better to me. The few unbiased dyno tests I've seen would indicate that the aFe, K&N and Volant intakes should all provide about the same performance boost--around 8-12 rear wheel horsepower. BTW, just in case you didn't know, NEVER believe a manufacturer's dyno claims for their products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts