Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks awesome! I'm about to do the same thing tomorrow, though mine is silver powder-coat.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Don't know if you guys know it or not but that's a NISMO cai. The Nismo is gloss black. I had one but sold it. Mainly because it was a little to loud for this OLD man. Sounded mean though. AEM makes the Nismo one.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Don't know if you guys know it or not but that's a NISMO cai. The Nismo is gloss black. I had one but sold it. Mainly because it was a little to loud for this OLD man. Sounded mean though. AEM makes the Nismo one.
I had never heard that Nismo's intake was supplied by AEM. Have anything to back that up? Not trying to call you out, I would just be curious to know where you heard that, that's all. You look at pics of them and they certainly look the same. But if you look at the install here, this AEM looks completely different: Project Nissan Nismo Frontier - Four Wheeler

Biggest difference I see between OP's and Nismo is the dry filter for the AEM, those are very nice to have!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a difference between the one I installed and the one from Project Frontier- Mine is for an automatic and they had a manual. The heat shield is a little different and I think it requires you to move the horn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I recall reading in a posting someone claiming the Nismo one is made by AEM, not sure though. The install was really easy, though my idle seems a tad low, I may need to reset the ECU since I didn't disconnect the battery when installing.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Nice truck and good work! Hopefully have my intake on in a few weeks if I get a warm day. Just waiting for the parts to get here. AEM dry flow is the way to go in my opinion. I would've got the complete AEM intake but I don't like the metal intake tube.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
aem

nismo

they are exactly the same, aem makes them for nissan, i'm pretty sure it was the same for the 350z as well. with the nismo you get an oiled filter that says nismo and with the aem you get the dryflow which aem keeps exclusive to themselves

note the aem is just sitting funny in the pic

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks good bro! I just ordered my AEM and it should be here on Tuesday! It's funny, I was debating between the AEM and the Nismo one...then came to the conclusion myself that they were almost identical. Figures they are the exact same thing haha.

O btw...what tires, tire size and lift is on that truck!? I just liftem mine 2.5", I have the exact same rims in my garage waiting for new tires! Those look sick. Good lookin truck!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
They are the exact same intake, though AEM will not admit it. My heat shield started to rust on my nismo and I called them to ask if i could purchase just the shield. They asked for the intake serial number since they warranty it for life. I told them it was a Nismo intake, and wasnt expecting it free. They said that there is no way to know if it would fit and refused to sell me one. I told the rep that they make it for Nissan and they said they make nothing with "exclusive badging for anyone" I hung up and just painted the shield and called it quits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts