Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to tap into the northwest knowledge base. I've tried to use the search function, but I still have some questions for the locals.

1. I want a GOOD tranny cooler (something better than the standard factory one).

2. Are our trucks equipped with oil coolers? If not, I want one of those too.

3. Advice on a lift kit (2-3"). I'd like to maintain a little bit of ride quality.

4. Bumpers and other miscellaneous parts.

Along with this, I'd like to find a GOOD local place to have all the work done.

PS: I'm located in the Tacoma. Thanks in advance for any advice thrown my way.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Just about any napa or other parts store will have a cooler for the tranny and engine. Im not sure where you would tap into the engine oil to get it to run through a cooler though.

Lifts? What years truck? Calmini makes a 3 inch but they have TERRIBLE customer service, Ill never give them business again, to each their own though. Rancho also make a 2.5, there are several lifts for the Gen 2 trucks, PRG....

Bumpers, shrockworks, KMA, ARB.....

Misc parts... like what?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chainsaw. The truck is a 10 Pro-X4 crewcab. I'm not sure where I would tap in for the oil cooler. As far as misc. parts, I'm looking to add a bumper and maybe gauge pods.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for the oil cooler why do you think you need one? It's not like you live in the desert with 120+ ambient temps.
I'm not sure, I tow a 4800lb trailer and was thinking a cooler would make it easier on the truck.

As far as lifts, I'm looking at Fabtech. We'll see, I'm still looking at all the other options as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts