Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive preaty much got all the lift i can out of my TC kit... but i still want to go a bit higher... Ive heard that body lifts arnt very good for jumping/prerunning do to a higher risk of the body mounts failing... but if i put on a 2 inch body lift would that be acceptable?......

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
think of a desert truck like a sports car, you want to keep your center of gravity as low as you can, so lift and going fast/jumping in the desert don't go good together. You do want more ground clearance that come from tires. Unless your getting cought upwhen your wheeling I would say you good.. Also what makes Buddy lifts bad are then brake down make you body sit funn they also bend the body mounts.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i want the lift more so i can put larger tires on, as the truck sits right now, i can only run 31's with out doing an engine cage.... just looking for options.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ill maybe jump it 4 or 5 times an outing.. most of the time im just mobbing it around the desert. and i only go out maybe 3 to 4 times a year... most of the time im just driving to work and back.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hes around, im just looking at options.... what i really want is some lift spindles.... if only i had a second gen LOL. I know that they really arnt jump friendly. but anything besides a engine cage to give me some more space for compression/taller tires would be great....

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay, I know 1st gens are a lot different then the 2nd gens but is there a way in which you could mount a drop bracket and then modify the stock spindle to make it longer?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
already got shock hoops. at the moment i dont want to go to an engine cage.

as for the drop bracket idea. its good in theory, but the stock first gens use T-bars, i havent seen adrop bracket kit for them. and if i do a drop bracket, then my whole geomatry of my front suspension would have to be reworked. i much rather pay for a set of custom spindles... then do that... just looking for a cheeper alternative lol

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay, I am totally confused then. I thought you were running coilovers in the front which elimanted the shock and Tbars? Are you still running the Tbars?

I guess I will be following this thread to learn more about the 1st gens besides the standard Tbar crank and then blocks/shackles/deavers combo.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im running coil overs now, but with the length of the coil overs. and the way the lift is designed i would need custom uppers, lowers, and a spindle which would cost more then what i paid for my set up currently.... and right now im not willing to spend that kind of cash lol.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
what about new body brackets instead of body blocks.....like custom body mount that sit higher on the frame and are bigger and stronger, I have seen people do it. Actually your in Sandiego, I can take you to see a truck that a guy I know did this too if you want... you just need a bandsaw, a grinder and a welder.

....basically same stuff people do when they do body swaps with custom body mounts.
1/4" plate with a little gusseting and it will be stronger than ever

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't think about that possablilty.... that might work too...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts