Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for alignment, oil change, and CEL diagnostic.

At no extra charge I got my truck backed into the bushes, a large screw in my brand new tire, and oil spilled on my truck.

The diagnostic was no more useful than an autozone free code check. I suspect that the alignment was done incorrectly also.

Guess I should consider myself lucky that they didn't overfill my oil.

Do you think they offered to fix my tire, or apologize for the scratches from the bushes?
Nope. But hey, at least they cleaned up most of the oil they spilled, and dusted the leaves off the bumper when I showed them.

Now I really have to look the truck over and try to locate the clunking in the front end that just started.

It appeared to me that they could care less.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've had so many problems with car stealerships that I'll usually only go for warranty service. The routine stuff I'll do myself, and for the more advanced stuff I'll go to a small shop that has good ratings/recommendations. It just isn't worth the risk to have my truck worked on by a company that sells cars for a living.

I will say that I've had good experience at Bayside Nissan of Annapolis.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 8 years ago, one of the local dealership service departments was ok. But now the service reps there seem like douches.

But in another town, there was an excellent dealership service department, but the main guy holding the whole place together retired. Now the service advisors are incompetent.
It was rare to have a problem that the old service advisor hadn't heard of or didn't have a solution to. And they would do uncommon component repairs. Now their solution is to replace the whole assembly. I'm sure that is the policy, push selling full assembly parts, and hit the customer hard for labor.

Would be nice to find a competent and honest service department with good mechanics somewhere in the Seattle area. The local Nissan tuner shop that does uprev tunes, said they don't have anyone locally to refer people to for alignments. And there is 12 dealerships in the area.

·
Registered
256 Posts
As the saying goes, YMMV, and that statement definitely applies to dealerships.

My personal and secondhand anecdotal experience suggests that the huge corporate chain megadealerships that crank out massive volumes of car sales tend to be abysmal when it comes to actually servicing those vehicles they sold. But on the other hand, the small dealerships that rely on their reputation to stay afloat tend to be a lot better when it comes to service. It's sometimes slower as a result, and customers may not like that, but the wait is often worth it.

I'm pretty lucky; my nearest dealership is a small one that appears to be pretty solid, and has mostly good reviews online. One of the few negative reviews was this paranoid gem:
This place is horrible. Once the employees find out where you work, and it is a place they want to work, they will call up the business and try to get you fired and replaced by them. Horrible place to go to
:ROFLMAO:

On that note, checking reviews helps a lot too. If the negative ones are full of spelling and grammatical errors, or just straight up crazy, it's a safe bet that they're still one of the better dealers.

·
Registered
613 Posts
About 8 years ago, one of the local dealership service departments was ok. But now the service reps there seem like douches.

But in another town, there was an excellent dealership service department, but the main guy holding the whole place together retired. Now the service advisors are incompetent.
It was rare to have a problem that the old service advisor hadn't heard of or didn't have a solution to. And they would do uncommon component repairs. Now their solution is to replace the whole assembly. I'm sure that is the policy, push selling full assembly parts, and hit the customer hard for labor.

Would be nice to find a competent and honest service department with good mechanics somewhere in the Seattle area. The local Nissan tuner shop that does uprev tunes, said they don't have anyone locally to refer people to for alignments. And there is 12 dealerships in the area.

When you find it, let me know.

I've only gone to bellevue nissan for some warranty work, They seemed okay. They did try to sell me some ****, but were not very pushy about it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When you find it, let me know.

I've only gone to bellevue nissan for some warranty work, They seemed okay. They did try to sell me some ****, but were not very pushy about it.
In 2012 I took my '01 Pathfinder in for tire rotation and oil change to Bellevue Nissan (when they were located downtown). The tech left the lug nuts off the left rear wheel. I got on the freeway and felt the left rear corner drop and pretty much knew exactly what it was. Somehow the wheel stayed on with the brake drum riding the inside of the rim. I needed to limp over 2 lanes to get to the shoulder. Flashers on, everyone slowed down, I made it over 1 lane. Inching into the next lane (HOV), someone was getting on the freeway going much faster than traffic and clipped my front quarter panel and bumper cover, tearing it off. Took out the entire side of her car. And I got a ticket for an unsafe lane change! Bellevue Nissan was very apologetic and admitted (in writing) that they left the lug nuts off (the studs were rolling around in the drum apparently) and promised to take care of all the damages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts