Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our frontier yesterday. First thing we told the guys at the dealership is we would be back to show them what the new ones will look like with a lift.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle

Today we threw our Koni kit on with our springs and add a leaf. For the most part, the suspension was the same as a 2g. The rear shocks on the 3g is longer than the 2g rears by quite a bit. Otherwise kit went directly in.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille

Kit ended up netting just under 2” up front and 1 1/2” in the rear. We will eventually be getting bigger tires here soon. Overall the ride is really good.

the dealership we bought it from is already planning on sending us a couple to do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. What size tires you gonna tuck in there?
Chad wants to put some pizza cutter 33s on it. We aren’t sure on brand yet but leaning towards some Falken AT’s. 255/80/17. Also not sure on when we will order them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks great!

So, is this the confirmation I've been looking for that I can order the Alldogs coils and add-a-leaf to gain 2" up front and 1.5" out back without swapping out my stock bilsteins?

I really need to get mine up a little bit..

Also, if I reach out to you guys through email or whatever is there any way for you to ship into Canada?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great!

So, is this the confirmation I've been looking for that I can order the Alldogs coils and add-a-leaf to gain 2" up front and 1.5" out back without swapping out my stock bilsteins?

I really need to get mine up a little bit..

Also, if I reach out to you guys through email or whatever is there any way for you to ship into Canada?
we haven't checked the front Bilstein coilovers to see if they're the same length as the 2nd gen. i can confirm this later today though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be amazing if you could check, standing by...
the 5100 that fits a 2nd gen is the same overall length as the factory '22 4600. the 5100 has a little more length for the top plate so it would have a tiny amount less preload resulting in possibly a better ride. 2" of lift with our medium springs is achievable from what we can tell.

email us at [email protected] for a quote to ship to Canada.

Gas Machine Auto part Plastic Electric blue

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chad pulled the trigger on some skinny 33 inch Kenda RT's. will post pictures when we get it back tomorrow from alignment and tire install.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Threw some 33x10.5x17 Kenda Klever RT’s on the truck today while it was getting aligned. Truck looks way more proper with the 33. The “skinnies” work very well with the front end also. Titan swapping may require a wider tire to look correct.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
77 Posts
Damn that looks good!

I love the tall skinnies.

(I will be reaching out to your team one of these days, I'm still deciding what I want to do exactly and I don't want to waste a bunch of their time until I have a better idea of what I want to accomplish)

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
213 Posts
Threw some 33x10.5x17 Kenda Klever RT’s on the truck today while it was getting aligned. Truck looks way more proper with the 33. The “skinnies” work very well with the front end also. Titan swapping may require a wider tire to look correct.
View attachment 336550

View attachment 336551
That looks great with the black/lift/tires. Need more pics. Would be interesting to see it with black rocksliders on the side - or even the stock 22 sidesteps.

·
Registered
963 Posts
That looks great with the black/lift/tires. Need more pics. Would be interesting to see it with black rocksliders on the side - or even the stock 22 sidesteps.
It had the '22 side steps originally (see first pic in this thread). Looks better without IMO.

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
213 Posts
It had the '22 side steps originally (see first pic in this thread). Looks better without IMO.
Now that I see that, I tend to agree.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts