Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We were able to install D40 Asfir skid plates on the 3rd gen / D41 Frontier yesterday! It was a very easy install with minor modification. Basically, we had to drill 3 new holes into the aluminum plates to allow fasters to run through at different locations. We've documented our modifications and sent them to our friends at Asfir, hopefully they will make the changes to their production pieces soon so that these are a direct bolt on.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Asphalt

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Tartan Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
139 Posts
We were able to install D40 Asfir skid plates on the 3rd gen / D41 Frontier yesterday! It was a very easy install with minor modification. Basically, we had to drill 3 new holes into the aluminum plates to allow fasters to run through at different locations. We've documented our modifications and sent them to our friends at Asfir, hopefully they will make the changes to their production pieces soon so that these are a direct bolt on.

View attachment 340912

View attachment 340913
View attachment 340914
Does that mean you’ll be carrying these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22' SV LWB
272 Posts
@AlldogsOffroad, three questions:
1. What's are the final front and rear lift measurements now that the truck has settled?
2. Would the Tokico shocks/struts work with OEM Pro-4x springs/leaves for a more compliant ride without any lift? Looks like the overall front shock length is the same as the OEM 4600s, but your website mentions that the front shocks have longer travel than OEM. What about the rear shock length, is it suitable for OEM springs?
3. Any recommendations for increasing rear weight capacity by about ~300 lbs while maintaining close-to-stock Pro-4x rear suspension height?

I'm trying to decide if this is more lift than I need for my D41 SV LWB which will see some rough dirt roads, but no true 4x4ing. My SV has softer front springs but the same rear leaves as a crew cab Pro-4x. I hope to sit right around Pro-4x suspension height.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier Pro4x
379 Posts
So this week we were successful in Titan swapping the first 3rd gen Frontier. We are still shaking it down but will release info in a couple weeks! Also will be uploading better pictures eventually. here are the 2 teasers we have released!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Frontier Pro-4X
10 Posts

View attachment 340912

View attachment 340913
View attachment 340914
did you find that the rear cross member provided was about 1/4 inch too short to fit between the truck frame rails?
Automotive lighting Hood Sky Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes, on both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen installs we've done. This is normal and the bracket will snug up as you tighten the fastener.

did you find that the rear cross member provided was about 1/4 inch too short to fit between the truck frame rails?
View attachment 344802

Reactions: 20009

·
Registered
2019 Frontier Pro-4X
10 Posts
Yes, on both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen installs we've done. This is normal and the bracket will snug up as you tighten the fastener.
Fair enough. And you were able to get both end pieces slotted into the cross member successfully? I can't even slot mine in...

I can't see how flexing the frame rails 1/4" to snug this up would be a good idea! Correct me if I'm talking nonsense...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sleeve Tread

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You're not going to be flexing frame rails when you tighten up lol. We didn't have trouble getting it installed. Reach out to @ASFIR 4x4 if you need some tech support.

Fair enough. And you were able to get both end pieces slotted into the cross member successfully? I can't even slot mine in...

I can't see how flexing the frame rails 1/4" to snug this up would be a good idea! Correct me if I'm talking nonsense...

View attachment 344805

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Friends! Here's a build thread for our 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. We'll try and keep it updated as time goes on.

We've started this build with Koni 82 Series shocks and our medium coils and AAL for the rear. Initially, this truck won't see a lot of extra weight in the bed so the AAL should do nicely without making the ride overly firm. Next spring I'm considering adding a bed rack and possibly a rooftop tent. At that point it it'll probably get a medium load leaf pack like our broverlands or our upcoming parabolic leaf packs. We have a youtube video up showing the suspension install if you want to check it out.

At some point in the near future we will titanswap the truck. There are some changes to overcome to make this happen which we are currently working through.

For tires we've chosen to go with pizza cutters. We were able to pick up some Kenda Klever RT tires in 33x10.5r17. The tread on these tires is very aggressive and the sidwall is insanely thick. The 9 speed transmission doesn't appear to be having any trouble with the larger diameter around town. We'll be doing some highway driving this weekend and will see if there's a big hit to mpg. Road noise isn't bad at all and we'll see how they do wheeling later October. Here's a link to check them out.

Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever R/T

View attachment 336575

View attachment 336576

View attachment 336577

View attachment 336578
Running factory wheels, do you think it would be possible to keep the mudflaps running a 255/80/17 pizza cutter? Using your Koni’s setup.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Running factory wheels, do you think it would be possible to keep the mudflaps running a 255/80/17 pizza cutter? Using your Koni’s setup.
that size is basically what tire size Chad is running on the truck. you will just have to trim the inside of the mud guards to keep it from rubbing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Vehicle

It's been a while since we've had time to work on this truck, but last week we added some of our parabolic leaf springs! We have an ARB rooftop tent and Heavy Metal Offroad bed bars and needed a little more weight capacity in the rear. This setup rides really well, I'm excited to do some traveling with this setup in the near future!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
View attachment 353717

It's been a while since we've had time to work on this truck, but last week we added some of our parabolic leaf springs! We have an ARB rooftop tent and Heavy Metal Offroad bed bars and needed a little more weight capacity in the rear. This setup rides really well, I'm excited to do some traveling with this setup in the near future!
Bottom Shock mounts low....You ever get hung up on them ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bottom Shock mounts low....You ever get hung up on them ?
that's where all frontier rear shocks mount. nissan didn't change the rear axle design for the 3rd gen except for different gear ratio

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just saying, they replaced springs, shocks and what not. Why not change lower shock mount location. I did on my Jeep Comanche. Didn't on my Frontier cause im not going that far.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts