Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: Pro4x
Color: Black

Mods:

Interior: Dog Hammock
Exterior: Heavy Metal Offroad Bed Bars
Drivetrain:
Suspension & Tires: Titanswap on Fox Shox, ADO Parabolic Leaf Springs, Kenda R/T 33x10.5r17
Armor: Asfir Skid Plates
Performance:
Gear and Other: ARB Rooftop Tent, Viair 300P Air Compressor, Midland Micromobile GMRS Radio, Weboost Drive Sleek
In Progress: Rear Diff Breather, Rock Sliders, J&L Oil Catch Can

Hey Friends! Here's a build thread for our 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. We'll try and keep it updated as time goes on.

We've started this build with Koni 82 Series shocks and our medium coils and AAL for the rear. Initially, this truck won't see a lot of extra weight in the bed so the AAL should do nicely without making the ride overly firm. Next spring I'm considering adding a bed rack and possibly a rooftop tent. At that point it it'll probably get a medium load leaf pack like our broverlands or our upcoming parabolic leaf packs. We have a youtube video up showing the suspension install if you want to check it out.

At some point in the near future we will titanswap the truck. There are some changes to overcome to make this happen which we are currently working through.

For tires we've chosen to go with pizza cutters. We were able to pick up some Kenda Klever RT tires in 33x10.5r17. The tread on these tires is very aggressive and the sidwall is insanely thick. The 9 speed transmission doesn't appear to be having any trouble with the larger diameter around town. We'll be doing some highway driving this weekend and will see if there's a big hit to mpg. Road noise isn't bad at all and we'll see how they do wheeling later October. Here's a link to check them out.

Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever R/T

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
34 Posts
What are the changes between 2nd gen and 3rd gen frontiers in terms of doing a titan swap? Is it still more or less a bolt on swap or did the frame change significantly between generations?

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
341 Posts
Hey Friends! Here's a build thread for our 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. We'll try and keep it updated as time goes on.

We've started this build with Koni 82 Series shocks and our medium coils and AAL for the rear. Initially, this truck won't see a lot of extra weight in the bed so the AAL should do nicely without making the ride overly firm. Next spring I'm considering adding a bed rack and possibly a rooftop tent. At that point it it'll probably get a medium load leaf pack like our broverlands or our upcoming parabolic leaf packs. We have a youtube video up showing the suspension install if you want to check it out.

At some point in the near future we will titanswap the truck. There are some changes to overcome to make this happen which we are currently working through.

For tires we've chosen to go with pizza cutters. We were able to pick up some Kenda Klever RT tires in 33x10.5r17. The tread on these tires is very aggressive and the sidwall is insanely thick. The 9 speed transmission doesn't appear to be having any trouble with the larger diameter around town. We'll be doing some highway driving this weekend and will see if there's a big hit to mpg. Road noise isn't bad at all and we'll see how they do wheeling later October. Here's a link to check them out.

Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever R/T

View attachment 336575

View attachment 336576

View attachment 336577

View attachment 336578
That last pic next to the Gen2 like I have is giving me lifted 2022 envy.

Reactions: 20009

·
Registered
'21 SV 4x4
132 Posts
What are the changes between 2nd gen and 3rd gen frontiers in terms of doing a titan swap? Is it still more or less a bolt on swap or did the frame change significantly between generations?
I don't know if this is a fact, but in a different thread I read they changed the spline count and finding axles that fit is a problem.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The truck looks sick. While y'all are fooling around with the new truck, I'd be interested to know if the 2022 cab mounts can be used on the on the gen2. Seems like it could be a cheap quality of life upgrade if they do fit.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier Pro4x
379 Posts
The truck looks sick. While y'all are fooling around with the new truck, I'd be interested to know if the 2022 cab mounts can be used on the on the gen2. Seems like it could be a cheap quality of life upgrade if they do fit.
we still haven't taken a look at them to see what they look like or if they will work with the 2nd gen

·
Registered
379 Posts
So the middle 2 mounts under each door look the same as the 2nd gen. The rear cab mount is definitely new though.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Bumper

Tire Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking at upgrading to larger tires on my '22 Pro-4X when these wear down a bit. I like the look of those Kendas. I think the A/T2s in 285/70R17 are more my style, but I'm interested to see the mpg difference with the larger tires. Should have about the same overall tire height as your 33x10.5R17s.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm looking at upgrading to larger tires on my '22 Pro-4X when these wear down a bit. I like the look of those Kendas. I think the A/T2s in 285/70R17 are more my style, but I'm interested to see the mpg difference with the larger tires. Should have about the same overall tire height as your 33x10.5R17s.
I just ran a 2,300 mile road trip and was averaging 19.2mpg consistently at about 75mph.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It doesn't matter but curious what was actually done. Would be interesting to have two frames side by side.

View attachment 337287
the biggest addition is that big green box that sits behind the front wheels. pretty sure those are for crash safety. they don't affect the mounting points though.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
33 Posts

View attachment 336575

View attachment 336576

View attachment 336577

View attachment 336578
Hi there!

Ive watch this video about 5 times already haha. I really like the look of the truck and would love a lift on mine. At the cost of perhaps making me look like a noob. Which I am, I have a question about your lift.

I watched your video on the lift differences associated with a spacer, springs, struts, etc..

my question is regarding the UACs. Since you lifted the truck without replacing the UACs. Did you experience CBC at all when you took it out on the road afterwards? Can you tell if the stock UACs are the same as the previous model? Or if they are made larger?

if I were to upgrade to Bilstein 5100s would a UAC replacement be a necessity?

I live an a pretty far north area where permafrost warps pavement every year, so roads are quite bad. I’d like to lift my 3rd gen. but can’t really afford the UACs.

i appreciate your response in advance. Haha when I bought the truck. Your YouTube channel was the first channel I subscribed to. Blonde hair dude is very informative, and great at explaining things! I can’t wait for more videos on the 3rd gen and your titan swap! You guys make some awesome content!

thanks again!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi there!

Ive watch this video about 5 times already haha. I really like the look of the truck and would love a lift on mine. At the cost of perhaps making me look like a noob. Which I am, I have a question about your lift.

I watched your video on the lift differences associated with a spacer, springs, struts, etc..

my question is regarding the UACs. Since you lifted the truck without replacing the UACs. Did you experience CBC at all when you took it out on the road afterwards? Can you tell if the stock UACs are the same as the previous model? Or if they are made larger?

if I were to upgrade to Bilstein 5100s would a UAC replacement be a necessity?

I live an a pretty far north area where permafrost warps pavement every year, so roads are quite bad. I’d like to lift my 3rd gen. but can’t really afford the UACs.

i appreciate your response in advance. Haha when I bought the truck. Your YouTube channel was the first channel I subscribed to. Blonde hair dude is very informative, and great at explaining things! I can’t wait for more videos on the 3rd gen and your titan swap! You guys make some awesome content!

thanks again!
Chad took the 3rd gen wheeling this weekend and didn't experience any coil bucket contact. the UCA's are the exact same part number as the 2nd gen. The Bilstein kit does not require uppers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got some bed bars from Tim at Heavy Metal Off Road last week! Gotta prep / paint and then we'll be throwing them on. Also picked up Asfir aluminum skid plates to test fit! Once black friday week is over and things slow down we'll update with some install pics and notes!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts