Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to club frontier, but I'm thinking of putting on a leveling kit. I saw that PRG has a package for the leveler and the adjustable shackles. Will putting on the adjustable shackles cause any harm to my 4x4? I heard that they make your truck ride differently. If they do how so?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Suspension modifications will at the most make it ride a little harder. I don't see a leveling kit making it ride that much different.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The ride remains the same.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
to start with it remains the same as your are not changing the spring rates at all. though the spacer do tend to wear out the springs up front a little faster then normal diving there is no change in the ride of the truck.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Don't get the adjustable shackles. There is really no point in paying the extra money for adjustable shackles when almost everyone runs them at the 1.5" setting.

Save yourself some money and just get a non adjustable lift shackle.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Get the adjustable shackles, then if you go from your clapped out springs to new Deaver 10 leaf packs you can maintain your preferred ride height. Plus as your springs are going south, you can get another year out of them by a 10 minute job of moving a bolt.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I went w/ the AC adj. shackles. They were a bit cheaper than PRG, although Mike does have a good point about everyone setting them at 1.5. I'll end up doing the sam but figured it would be nice to have options as well. Here's a pic of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I was thinking about getting the 2" leveler and then getting the adjustable shackles and setting them at 2" so then the truck would have 2 more inches of lift.

truck.jpg

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i have adjustable shackles set at the highest lift setting and my truck sits exactly level with 3" spacers up front. When I replace my sagging leaf springs I'll adjust the shackles down some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts