Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

1. I talked to PRG today and was told that my 05 frontier LE CC had adjustable cam bolts. I have checked my lower control arms and discovered that I don't, or at least I think that I don't. Does anyone have any pics of adjustable cam bolts vs non adjustable or perhaps what should I be looking for in order to tell the difference?
2. In case I don't have adjustable cam bolts how difficult would it be to change mine out to adjustable???

Thank you in advance,

Nick

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
can't you take a picture of what you got and we tell you if they are adjustment cams?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took a closer look and realized that adjustable bolts have a washer with an offset hole. The cam bolt washers have the hole directly in the middle therefore I assume that they are not adjustable.

Please confirm or correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you

·
Registered
301 Posts
if the hole is in middle then you NEED the cam bolts if you are modding.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Everyone,

1. I talked to PRG today and was told that my 05 frontier LE CC had adjustable cam bolts. I have checked my lower control arms and discovered that I don't, or at least I think that I don't. Does anyone have any pics of adjustable cam bolts vs non adjustable or perhaps what should I be looking for in order to tell the difference?
2. In case I don't have adjustable cam bolts how difficult would it be to change mine out to adjustable???

Thank you in advance,

Nick
I am pretty sure if you have an early 05 build they didn't come with them. Mine didn't but I was able to go to the dealer and tell them the alignment shop said they couldn't adjust my front end until I got the cam bolts. The dealer actually gave them to me and the alignment shop put them on. I think they later 05 came from the factory with them already on. There was a TSB on this back in 2005. I don't have it anymore since mine were added.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Yours should have them,06 & up dont.They are easy to change,
you have that backwards. 05's and some really early 06's didnt have them. newer trucks did. there was a TSB about them and alignment issues. some trucks needed them, some didnt when it came time for an alignment.

edit, guess i should read all the post before i hit reply. LOL.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
'07 and no cam bolts. I had to buy them from PRG.

·
Registered
881 Posts
you have that backwards. 05's and some really early 06's didnt have them. newer trucks did. there was a TSB about them and alignment issues. some trucks needed them, some didnt when it came time for an alignment.

edit, guess i should read all the post before i hit reply. LOL.
Wrong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts