Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've already lifted my '05 Nismo with the ADF kit (formerly the ebay lift). It's the 3" lift - spacer up front and shackles on the back. I want more, but I don't need much. I'm not off-road, but I like the look. I was thinking of just doing the DIY BL. Of course, I need to check everything out first. If I do the BL also, I will probably need to extend the brake lines......maybe steering?

Can anybody clarify this for me before I start sourcing parts? I'm not 100% on this. My searches don't show up anything, but it could just be that I don't know how to search well enough.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2nd gen. brake lines, fuel lines, hoses, etc. I finished my 3" BL on my 1st gen over a week ago. The modifications on mine were simple. The hard brake lines you can just stretch by hand if they are spiraled in the engine bay. I had to remove a few tabs in the wheel wells that retain the ABS lines to allow for flex. The radiator drop was easy too. Cut off the retaining wings on the radiator support and install the the new braket to drop it down. On the steering shaft I just installed an extension/coupler. The 4wd shifter had top be cut and a 3" extension welded in. Took me and a buddy like 16-18 hours but I am so glad I went ahead and got the 3" over the 2". Maybe that can ease your mind a little.

The lift- http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f102/cos-build-57340/

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the dilemma is the suspension lift AND the body lift. I saw posts of people doing both, but those problems were never mentioned. I've seen the topics of the body lift - but didn't see anything about people who already had a lift and any problems incurred.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
This is my '08 Nismo 4x4 with 3" spacer/shackle lift and 2" 4x4parts.com body lift. I didn't have to modify anything, no extended brake lines, etc..etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just put a 3" bodylift on my truck about a month ago. its not as bad to put on as everybody thinks, it just has alot of little steps that are time consuming. it took me about 9 hrs with hand tools and i was working by myself.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
nope, the gap is there but you can't see it in this angle. It's very annoying lately and i'll be getting the gap guards in the next few weeks.

The rear is lifted about 2" with ac adjustable shackles at their highest lift setting. My leaf springs are SOOO flat, so normally with the shackle at it's highest setting it would lift the rear 3" and there would be a similar rake to stock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, Sangster. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Yours looks good with just the 2". Did you do it yourself and do you remember how long it took if you did?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
yeah, did it by myself in the driveway. It took about 6 hrs but I followed a lot of the instruction steps that aren't needed. After all was said and done, it's a 2-3 hr project if you really know what you're doing. I started on a Friday evening after work with the expectation that it may take me all weekend. By lunch time on saturday I was finished.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
yeah, did it by myself in the driveway. It took about 6 hrs but I followed a lot of the instruction steps that aren't needed. After all was said and done, it's a 2-3 hr project if you really know what you're doing. I started on a Friday evening after work with the expectation that it may take me all weekend. By lunch time on saturday I was finished.
Good to know! Thanks. This may be what I needed to go threw with it.
Oh, BTW you think our trucks would look silly with stock size tires with this much lift? Well... not just the 2 inches. I have 3 already. If I added 2 more, fore 5 total inches of lift, think that would look out of place? I just ask, because if I spend $100+ on a body lift, I then may need, $1,000 worth of tires. Ya know?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok so I am clear. If you have a 3" spacer kit and you do the 2" bl on top of that, I don't have to extend anything. Also I was wondering on an automatic trany does the shifter get shorter? I am going to get the 4x4 parts one if that's the case. I want a little more gap in the wheel well. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
463 Posts
You are correct, nothing will need to be extended. Also, automatic trucks will not be affected. The shifter will raise with either lift.

Good to know! Thanks. This may be what I needed to go threw with it.
Oh, BTW you think our trucks would look silly with stock size tires with this much lift? Well... not just the 2 inches. I have 3 already. If I added 2 more, fore 5 total inches of lift, think that would look out of place? I just ask, because if I spend $100+ on a body lift, I then may need, $1,000 worth of tires. Ya know?
I put on my 2 DIY body lift a few weeks ago and was planning on putting my spacer and blocks in the next day. I decided against it because just with the body lift the tires already seem to small. I am waiting until I can afford some new taller tires to put in my spacers and blocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.