Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 6in fabtech lift on my 2013 frontier SV 4x4, and I was wondering if anyone has tried going an additional 2inches front and back by either using a bilstein adjustable front shock or lift puck? And adjustable rear shackles or add a leaf? I'm pretty sure someone has done it already, so any help would be appreciated. Just trying to find out what would be best among these certain types of add ons, and if there are any problems anyone has encountered? Also, how was the ride? Thank you

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
tossing spacers on everywhere you can will make your ride terrible.

if you wanna lift on top of the already terrible drop bracket. i would titan swap up front and do a nice full leaf pack and shackles in the rear.

giving you actual functioning suspension lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tossing spacers on everywhere you can will make your ride terrible.

if you wanna lift on top of the already terrible drop bracket. i would titan swap up front and do a nice full leaf pack and shackles in the rear.

giving you actual functioning suspension lift.
If I were to do the titan swap for the front, what spindle would I have to use? Can I use the existing fabtech one or do I need a taller one?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
487 Posts
I'm Titan swapped with a bracket lift. I chose to swap to Titan spindles and brakes, but you can use your existing Fab Tech Frontier spindles. Andy is right that a full leaf pack and shackles in the rear would work best, BUT I'm running a hodge-podge rear setup for now and it's working OK. I have 2.25" blocks, 2-leaf add-a-leaf, and 2" shackles (cringe) while I save up for Alcans or figure out a bastard leaf pack.

The front is a bit more dialed. I'm running custom 6112s. No spacers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm Titan swapped with a bracket lift. I chose to swap to Titan spindles and brakes, but you can use your existing Fab Tech Frontier spindles. Andy is right that a full leaf pack and shackles in the rear would work best, BUT I'm running a hodge-podge rear setup for now and it's working OK. I have 2.25" blocks, 2-leaf add-a-leaf, and 2" shackles (cringe) while I save up for Alcans or figure out a bastard leaf pack.

The front is a bit more dialed. I'm running custom 6112s. No spacers.
View attachment 317752
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Truck looks awesome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you would keep your existing lift spindle.
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Just wondering though, if I change the upper and lower control arms to titan arms, and keep my existing fabtech spindle, would that give k any height? Or would I still need an adjustable shock in the front? Again I really appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
by itself no not really.

what will is being able to add a longer/larger coilover up front and that will.
i had a drop bracket titan lift about a decade ago but i dont any longer.

jtd and others that are currently using this setup would be a better information tap than myself.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
487 Posts
and it looks fucking gorgeous.
Don't make me blush :giggle:

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Just wondering though, if I change the upper and lower control arms to titan arms, and keep my existing fabtech spindle, would that give k any height? Or would I still need an adjustable shock in the front? Again I really appreciate the help.
What front coilover/spacer configuration are you running on your truck currently? If you just have the stock frontier coilovers with Fab Tech spacer, then switching to Titan arms won't give you much. The arms are about 2.5" longer than stock, and you could do some trig to figure out how much lift that will give you. You take the angle the current LCA is at, plug it into the sin function, then multiply by 2.5". Here's a quick drawing to show what I mean:

This will probably get you less than 1", unless you do it in conjunction with adjustable coilovers or larger spacers. It will allow you to run larger spacers while maintaining a usable amount of droop travel and decent CV angles, which is really what limits the stock Frontier geometry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts