Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 crew cab 2wd and am considering trading up to a 2nd gen '05 SE 4x4 (long story!) I'm considering a trade on an '05 w/ manual doors, crew cab b/c it has the manual 6 speed trans and is 4x4...

I read THIS POST among others and some have added factory components to add power options in their Frontiers... without using aftermarket stuff...

My question is can you get a factory receiver and use the factory key fob with factory solenoids for keyless entry? Of course, adding it to a truck w/o keyless entry...

I was thinking if I do the trade, of getting some key fobs and a keyless receiver and making it all work with either factory solenoids or with after-market ones... What's a receiver cost anyways?

Any experience, thoughts, opinions?

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I am not sure but arn't all CCs auto windows and the keyfob just needs to be programmed to the truck? I am thinking that truck you have in mind already has the set-up in it and the original owner just didn't include the keyfobs in the trade.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to look at the truck tomorrow or Tuesday. Its at a dealership and I did confirm w/ the salesman that it does not have the power package, which includes pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors... and of course, keyless entry.

since my current ride has keyless I don't know if I can go without ;-) and if I make the deal I'd really like to get factory fobs to work...

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I would double check but I do not remember any CCs being manual windows. I know the KCs had the option but CCs?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts