Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Rogue Key success story! I have an '06 crew cab and purchased the Rogue key blank on ebay: NISSAN CUBE ROGUE REMOTE HEAD KEY KEYLESS ENTRY FOB OEM | eBay

Remotez4Less has great customer service. They actually sent me a DOA unit at first, but prompty sent out a replacement after my return was received. I was able to program the lock/unlock buttons the day I got the key in the mail, but had to take it to my dealer to get it cut/activated for the truck.

I too, had typical experience at the dealer, "you know this is a Rogue key, I can't guarantee it will work..." They charged me $60 to program it.

so for $100, I have a trick key. Money well spent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet key, I want.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, $60 for them to add a transponder?
Will your other keys still work?
yes; when you take your ride in to get the new key programmed, you have to take all keys and key fobs so they can get everything setup. When you leave, all keys work like before, you just have a trick new one in the ignition!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hmm, I don't really get it. What's the appeal?

·
Registered
66 Posts
A sweet key with a smaller footprint in your pants vs OEM Key/Fob? thats why I would want one...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
A sweet key with a smaller footprint in your pants vs OEM Key/Fob? thats why I would want one...
I'd be curious to find out what the range on the remote is. The range on my stock one was terrible and the after-market alarm remote isn't too much better. The one on my Benz was even worse, drives me nuts. Never thought about the bulkiness though. For $100 I have too many other mods to work on.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The "programming" is spelled out in the owner's manual - for less than $60.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'd be curious to find out what the range on the remote is. The range on my stock one was terrible and the after-market alarm remote isn't too much better. The one on my Benz was even worse, drives me nuts. Never thought about the bulkiness though. For $100 I have too many other mods to work on.
Range is about the same. There was a thread in the DIY section on how to increase range. I probably wouldn't have done this mod had I not lost a set of keys. Now I'm planning on doing for my wife's X, so no actual fob.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The "programming" is spelled out in the owner's manual - for less than $60.
is that programming for a remote fob, or a transponder key?

Range is about the same. There was a thread in the DIY section on how to increase range. I probably wouldn't have done this mod had I not lost a set of keys. Now I'm planning on doing for my wife's X, so no actual fob.
I found the range to be noticeably longer, but is probably due to a new unit with a new battery; I bought my '06 Frontier in 2010, so it was 4 years old when i got it, and I'm sure so were the fob batteries.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can hack up an old key to remove the transponder also.
Forgot to ask how this turned out for you. I may give this a shot for the wife's X.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I love that I don't have the stupid transponder to deal with.

Just a reminder, get your keys checked for the transponder by and outside source before going to Nissan and paying the ridiculous money. Many tucks don't even have them

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Cool mod. I personally would rather have the Intelikey that is in the SL Rogue an Altimas and what not. That thing is sweet. Leave your keys in your pocket and never have to take them out.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts