Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a recall on their airbag control unit? Had to go have mine reprogrammed yesterday. On the bright side, the dealer did a courtesy car wash and detail of the truck for my trouble.

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
What year is your truck? Which years are included in the recall campaign ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2011 SV Crew Cab 4x4. I'm not sure what model years were affected. Was basically told a really bad bumping road or uneven road could cause the airbags to go off because the ACU sensor thinks the truck is rolling over. I've got a really bad area on a road I regularly travel that the has an area that almost feels like it could cause you to roll so I got it done quickly.

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
It just came out for Frontiers, Xterras and Titans. You can get all the details here:

NissanAssist.com

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Frontier MT sv
763 Posts
ACU programming update

I booked an appointment with the local dealer online. Called to confirm and review the order- they did not have the patch cable for the computer connection. They said they would call when the cable arrives at their shop...

A fun little exercise - look up your nearest dealer and enter the Vin for the service department and see what it returns.

I guess the notices were sent to owners of record for the four wheel drive factory built trucks and exterra products.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Seems like a lot of brands are getting air bag recalls. I got my letter in the mail, even though I don't have my frontier anymore, and now over on the Dodge Ram forums people are getting letters for airbag reprogramming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is just a software calibration. Some people has the side air bags go off when they shouldn't have.

No free wash or detail form my dealer. I could have used one though.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Just got mine a couple days ago. Mine's a '14 so I imagine they are sending them out to a bunch of 2nd gen owners. Mine's never gone off (knocks on wood..) but I know several people who have had theirs go off in situations WAY milder than what I subject mine to on a regular basis so who knows.
On the plus side, the campaign letter mentions a "reimbursement claim form" for those that have previously had to replace the air bags out of their own pocket.

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Another similar thread had mentioned that this 'campaign' was only affecting 2014 and older? Any input is appreciated - for those of us w/ '15s or newer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts