Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the actual payload sticker on a 2022 SV Crew Cab Long Bed? They advertise "max payload" of 1,160 but if the actual sticker is like ~200lbs lower... that's really low! The Pro4X has an advertised "max" of 1,230 but in the real world it goes down to 1,030 on the sticker.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
835 Posts
Yes the maximum is for the lightest truck possible. So, a S model with zero options. Every option you add from there subtracts from the payload. Long bed will be a hit, SV trim will be another hit, additional packages another hit. In the end you lose significant payload as you already noticed. I think the true maximum actually starts off much higher than 1,160 lbs.

My truck is a short bed crew cab 4x4 SV with tech package and convenience package, so pretty well loaded up. My sticker shows 1,160 lbs.

I've seen Chevy Colorado ZR2s and Toyota Tacoma TRDs that have only 950ish lbs. of payload remaining on the sticker after all the off-road goodies are added! That's pathetic!!

·
Registered
22' SV LWB
272 Posts
stickers and official numbers aside, I've put 1/2 cubic yards of damp sand (about 1,600 lbs) in my SV LWB and it was a bit sluggish, but otherwise drove fine on my 10 mile trip back home. The General Spring HD leaf pack I installed was just barely enough to avoid bottoming out. I'd be comfortable driving around with 1,200 lbs in the back for longer trips on an occasional basis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stickers and official numbers aside, I've put 1/2 cubic yards of damp sand (about 1,600 lbs) in my SV LWB and it was a bit sluggish, but otherwise drove fine on my 10 mile trip back home. The General Spring HD leaf pack I installed was just barely enough to avoid bottoming out. I'd be comfortable driving around with 1,200 lbs in the back for longer trips on an occasional basis.
Do you know what the doorjam sticker says for payload lbs? Poster above says his SV SWB shows 1,160, so just curious about the LWB now

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Every combination of trim and options yields a different max payload. In the Gen 2, and probably the Gen 3, owners would infrequently exceed the payload capacity. You will notice the over load in bottoming of the bed on the rubber stops. Don't do this too often and you are good to go.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you really, really want to know - go have it weighed with the gas tank full. Capacity = GVWR - curb weight of the vehicle. Alternatively you can get the curb weight of your rig for the manufacturer, add anything you have added to it (like a hitch) and you will have your curb weight pretty close.

My 2nd gen GVWR is 5815 and sticker capacity is only 1286, so that would tend to indicate curb weight of 4529. Thats probably pretty accurate, so 1286 is likely correct per Nissan. I am sure it wouldn't break in half if i exceeded it however - drive appropriately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts