Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I want a Frontier! I'm saving for it now. My plan is to have a new or recent model V6 4X4 King Cab by 2020 (good things come to those who wait ;) ). The Pro-4X looks appealing. I hope the styling doesn't change by then because I love it just the way it is. It's the only pickup out there that still looks like a pickup; not a mack truck.

Our kids live at the other end of the eastern seaboard so I want to use this on the open road a few times a year to visit them and for a little dirt-road driving on occasion (to get to the mountains for some NC & NY fly fishing). Probably no more than 7000/yr total.

My problem is: I also want Navigation, and it appears that navigation only comes as an option on a Crew Cab configuration, while I want a King.

Sooo, if Nissan doesn't have that as an option by the time I buy I'm going to be looking at installing one aftermarket. Another option is to just buy a portable unit that I can hang off the dash somewhere. I have a Magellan for my class C RV and it actually works better than most built-ins I've had experience with. Of course, I could also buy a map, if anyone out there still sells 'em ;))

Anyhow, I registered here to get to know Frontiers and how I can have fun with them. If anyone has info about aftermarket Navigation Units and experience installing them into a Frontier, I'd appreciate the info.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Current Pro4x King cab comes with Nav. I would bet by 2020 we see a new Frontier though.

The other thing to keep in mind is the built in GPS is... OK. I rarely use it as Google Maps will provide live traffic and re-routes. A few folks here have installed updated GPS/Head units. The great thing about the curren Frontier is that the head-unit is not some fully integrated job. In a year or two I plan on installing a new one with Android auto. My GTI has that now and its amazing.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Your better off skipping on the navigation. Save your money on that option. You can not transfer from vehicle to vehicle, and updates will cost money. Portable gps units like garmin have free lifetime updates and a lot cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts