Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Something not brought up here, diminished value. I don't think you will have any issues with the current state of the truck, but if you go to sell it and the buyer does a carfax or something and learns of the accident, it will diminish the value of the truck by some amount. The diminished value of the truck itself will diminish over time as the overall value of the truck goes down.

Now if your insurance company repaired your truck using your collision insurance, the are obligated to sue the other parties insurance not only for what they paid, but also for your deductible. You should also ask them to include the diminished value of your truck as of the time of the accident. I.e the trade in or private seller value just before the accident vs the trade in or private seller value to a buyer who is aware of the accident.

Based on a Pro 4x with 45k miles in excellent condition, KBB shows a diminished value of around $520. KBB does not actually give diminished values but you can estimate it by down grading the condition one grade, in your case I used Excellent vs Very Good. You would probably loose less with aa private sale vs. a dealer. Without the accident, if you traded at a dealership, they would keep the truck to resell on their used car lot. Any vehicle that has an accident history is usually wholesaled out so they would loose money on the deal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts