Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this one yet? I know Nissan showcased their round cowl lights but I've been curious what amber lights in the grill would like like and lo and behold I found it. Anyone know a way to do this or if this is a Nissan offering? what are the lights near the roof line?
I also think it would be cool to changeout those fake vents with an LED strip with the fog lights... maybe amber or signal lights...
Sky Grille Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not sure about this specific application, but tapping into either the headlights or the parking lots would not be difficult.
A multimeter and some patience and you should be able to find an appropriate wire.

I would also hope that the lights pictured would come with a mounting point that fits in the grill.

Good luck!

--Exco

·
Registered
2022 frontier S 4x4
182 Posts
Has anyone seen this one yet? I know Nissan showcased their round cowl lights but I've been curious what amber lights in the grill would like like and lo and behold I found it. Anyone know a way to do this or if this is a Nissan offering? what are the lights near the roof line?
I also think it would be cool to changeout those fake vents with an LED strip with the fog lights... maybe amber or signal lights...
View attachment 341637
Dude im actually making lights for those side vents right now! Im only doing it on my free time but the main issue that vent is bonded with the fender. Imma get an Arduino with a light strip with tent lens so you cant see the strip just the lights. Program the Arduino so it has a start up animation and whatever else I program into it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude im actually making lights for those side vents right now! Im only doing it on my free time but the main issue that vent is bonded with the fender. Imma get an Arduino with a light strip with tent lens so you cant see the strip just the lights. Program the Arduino so it has a start up animation and whatever else I program into it.
Seriously? That's BA man. Let me know if I can help, I know a little bit about Arduinos but never thought to use them for this type of application. If it's bonded to the body what's the difficulty reading for the removal process? Are you building prototypes to build and sell on the forum? Any targets for a completion date for photos?

·
Registered
2022 frontier S 4x4
182 Posts
Seriously? That's BA man. Let me know if I can help, I know a little bit about Arduinos but never thought to use them for this type of application. If it's bonded to the body what's the difficulty reading for the removal process? Are you building prototypes to build and sell on the forum? Any targets for a completion date for photos?
No plans to sell just for me. It sorta like tack welded with plastic so if you heat up those spots with a iron you could take the whole piece off but i was more of think is just use a rotary tool to grind it down and then drill a hole in to run the wires then use a shaped piece of acrylic thats been tinted, then glue it on with like jb wield or other adhesive. No clue when i'll be done still picking out the right light strip for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior

For those who have their Frontier can you tell me the dimensions of the grill inlets? I'd like to know how these would fit.

·
Registered
408 Posts
View attachment 341637
No one has noticed that the driver side DRL is out ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
View attachment 341839
For those who have their Frontier can you tell me the dimensions of the grill inlets? I'd like to know how these would fit.
I'm gonna measure them tomorrow! I'm very interested in adding some marker lights as well. I found this article which you might find of interest. They even put with links for everything that's needed. They are like more than 3" though so they would be like 3 lights across. Sorry, it's based on a Toyota, LOL!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
View attachment 341637
Do you have a link to where you found this picture?

Also, I found these pictures in the 2022 Frontier owners Facebook page. The owner (credit given to the owner!) of this truck says that he used lights from a Tacoma:

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Tire Car
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Car
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a link to where you found this picture?

Also, I found these pictures in the 2022 Frontier owners Facebook page. The owner (credit given to the owner!) of this truck says that he used lights from a Tacoma:
Nice, almost makes me want to join FB. This was actually a short video I found on YT and I took a screen shot. No info in the description was given but I assume it's the standard kit find on Amazon.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Appreciate that!
Bump!
Any progress on this?
I measured the grille holes on a new '22 Tacoma today.
I was curious because they are the same shape as the Frontier's.
They are 4" wide vs 3" wide on the Frontier!
But I wonder though if the light kits for the new Tacoma would work on our trucks
even though the holes are 1" wider?
I'm looking at something like this:

These lights are 2.56" x 1.5". And our grille holes are 3" x 1.5"!
I think they might work!
I guess the only thing to do is buy them and measure them when they arrive.
I guess $40 isn't bad for the experiment and if they don't work, I get a refund!

Reactions: Pro4x Alberta

·
Registered
2022 frontier S 4x4
182 Posts
Bump!
Any progress on this?
I measured the grille holes on a new '22 Tacoma today.
I was curious because they are the same shape as the Frontier's.
They are 4" wide vs 3" wide on the Frontier!
But I wonder though if the light kits for the new Tacoma would work on our trucks
even though the holes are 1" wider?
I'm looking at something like this:

These lights are 2.56" x 1.5". And our grille holes are 3" x 1.5"!
I think they might work!
I guess the only thing to do is buy them and measure them when they arrive.
I guess $40 isn't bad for the experiment and if they don't work, I get a refund!
Just order them I'll get them today I shall be the test guinea pig

·
Registered
862 Posts
Reactions: Pro4x Alberta
1 - 20 of 40 Posts