Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a wire I can tap at the rear of my truck for ACC? I am installing a backup camera Friday. I'll need to provide power and ground to the camera. I'm trying to figure out the best way to provide that. I thought about tapping the tow hitch wiring, but I think it gets constant power. I need to tap something that only gets power while the key is on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with that scenario is that the head unit will allow you switch over to the camera while you are driving, so I think I would need power to the camera while the vehicle is in park and drive as well. The one situation I can see using that ability is when you are pulling a trailer to help keep an eye on your load. Thanks for your input though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was doing some testing with my volt meter just now with the ignition on and off and it looks like the power wire for the harness only supplies power with the ignition on. I should be able to tap the power and ground. Now what are the chances that the red and black wires actually represent the power and ground respectively?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found another post on here with this info:

1 - yellow - left blinker
2 - black - hot wire or reverse lights (depending on installer)
3 - white - earth
4 - green - right blinker
5 - blue - usually for elec brakes
6 - red - stop lamps
7 - brown - tail lamps

So I need black for 12V and white for ground I'm guessing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should be able to use you volt meter to test and see what wires are what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts