Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Kid's to move out. I worry to much about not being able to pay stuff so I have to have a large cushion.

Anxiety, I guess. It took me a long time to feel comfortable paying the wife's car payment. I just worry alot

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I understand, I don't like buying stuff on credit. Was glad to finally get my last car payment paid off in 1974, and get that $31 monthly payment off my back !!! I've never had a brand-new vehicle.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
When I was looking last night, most frontier payments were listing around 411 to 450 a month.

Wtf! How come a car payment is as much as my house payment? I was bored so I checked some other trucks and they are 600 to 900!!

Holy ****, how do people afford to live with two new cars, a house, insurance, gas, food, and everything

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Holy ****, how do people afford to live with two new cars, a house, insurance, gas, food, and everything
Answer: those folks cannot afford it. They live beyond their means, on credit, and the amount owed keeps skyrocketing. Look at how many newer vehicles are parked at apartments, where folks chose vehicle over buying a home; economically speaking, they put their money in a depreciating asset.

Yes, folks with zero money live in the streets, but those a couple hundred thousand dollars in debt can drive a new vehicle.

I noticed folks in line for food giveaways on the news, many had self closing hatches on their SUVs. Our newest is a 2005 Yukon, followed by my 2004 Frontier.

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It's crazy. My wife is mad I won't buy a 500k house to compete with her parents and siblings and we don't have all new cars like they do but she doesn't notice all the complaining they do about barely being able to pay the bills.

My parents told me to live off only 40% of your pay check so you can put money in savings for retirement and anything that breaks.

That's what I try to do

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

41 - 52 of 52 Posts