Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Frontier V6
I had replaced my radiator, and I broke off the connector to the AC/Condenser Pressure Switch/Sensor in the process (the one that screws into the condenser and runs off of the same wiring harness as the fan, right beside the radiator).

I was wondering if anyone knows if this sensor is screwed into a valve that will hold back the refrigerant pressure when I unscrew the sensor? Or, will I lose all refrigerant when removing it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,051 Posts
dude that sucks. happened to me too when the woman put the truck in a ditch lol.

it is pressurized for sure, it cost me 260$ to have a shop replace the sensor and drain and recharge the ac fluid. i brought the sensor up to them myself.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
it is pressurized for sure, it cost me 260$ to have a shop replace the sensor and drain and recharge the ac fluid. i brought the sensor up to them myself.
Sounds high to just unscrew and screw in YOUR switch after the shop recovers the R134a and then evacuates and replaces YOUR R134a. I believe Phoenix shops would be under $125 for the refrigerant recover/weigh/recharge, can't believe that switch would cost so much to replace unless it requires other stuff to be removed for access.

·
Premium Member
12,051 Posts
no its just a single switch, maybe unplug the battery first.

evac the system, replace the switch, refill the system.
insurance paid for it so i honestly dont really care about the cost.

the switch on nissan was like 15$ i think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts