Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. 2012 Equator RMZ. Essentially a Pro4x. I have an issue with my ABS and slip lights coming on. Brake light does not come on. The lights illuminate 9 out of 10 times starting the truck. The one time it doesn't, when I hit the brakes I can feel the actuator trying to kick in (grumbling was what someone used in another thread) then the lights kick on.

I do have a lift. 2" front with 5100s and 1.5" blocks in rear. Stock tire size but I do have 1.5" wheel spacers. Issue began about 5k miles after installing it all.

Brake fluid level is fine. No play in the wheels at all so I think the hubs are fine. Front pads and rotors were replaced about 20k miles ago at 60k. Rear are both still stock (now with 80k of course) but still looked fine at my last rotation of 75k.

Local places such as AutoZone don't read the ABS codes and local Nissan and the Suzuki dealerships both want $90 just to read it. (Although I'm calling next week to argue with Suzuki Service Mgr since the powertrain is still under warranty)

All my searches talk about constant noise or the brake light on as well. Anyone have any ideas or is my only option to get the code and go from there?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check ur brake fluid. Not a joke

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Do you just mean level? If so it's fine. Or do you mean moisture content? Would that affect it at all? (The dealership always tries to replace the fluid in my wife's Sorento over moisture content. I always thought they were blowing smoke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So. Took her to the dealer today to read the code (I desperatly need to get a better code reader that can see the ABS errors) and it came back as C1107. Right front speed sensor.

It was my understanding from on here that the hub had to be replaced as well. They said the hub is fine. They checked for a while because it would be covered under warranty, but just the sensor being bad isn't. I was told they could replace just the sensor and it would be $235 including labor. Seems super high to me but my question is, can just the sensor be replaced and if so, how easily? Could I run into other issues?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know the abs sensor can be replaced. But you have to take the tire/rim and brake caliper n mounts off. You should see your brake line and a wire follow down your sound. There is a hex headed nut holding the sensor in. Mounted behind the rotor. Take the screw out and pull. Caution:unless you have the whole wire that connects to the clip at the body ( u will see the clip in the fender well) becareful to pulling it out. Yes there is a sucking to the back of the bolt but don't pull the wire hard because then it emits a faulty wiring thus causing more money.

See the stainless steel hose? Look what I have ziptied to it and there is a black wire look close to the top middle and there is the connect I was talking about

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Thanks for that. Great info. So it looks like the part on Courtesy is only $140.

ABS Sensor Wire | Genuine Nissan | 47910-EA025 : CourtesyParts | Genuine OEM Nissan Parts & Accessories

That being the case, since it's like you said, essentially a brake/rotor job with a bit added to it, then it is a no brainer to do it myself and save $100. And hopefully that will fix the issue. It is fine in the sun, but if it is raining, that sensor goes haywire and the ABS tries to grab. Makes it a pain to pull out of places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts