Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a scan tool which is able to read ABS codes. When I plug it in to my truck and push the ABS button it says that this feature is not available for my vehicle. Is this the case with all scan tools? I'm going to return the tool that I just bought. Will all other ABS compatible scan tools not work with a first gen frontier?!

Side note: I'm going to get a bluetooth scan tool cause I think they're really cool. This one is under $10
OBD2 II ELM327 V2.1 Auto MINI Bluetooth Diagnostic Scanner Tool for Car, Blue | eBay

This one is more money and you have to purchase each "car brand software" after you buy the unit for an additional 40 USD. Launch X431 Easydiag 2.0 Bluetooth Scanner ABS SRS A/T OBD2 For iPhone Android | eBay

I'd like to get the second one but if its not going to read my ABS codes its not worth all the extra money.

Anyone have any experience reading ABS codes? I saw that you can sort out two pins on the OBD2 connector and count flashes of lights but I havent tried that yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
First gens only have OBD1, no abs codes. You have to do the jumper, and count flashes. When I did this, I recorded it so I could watch at my leisure and be sure about the flashes.

·
Registered
674 Posts
First gens only have OBD1, no abs codes. You have to do the jumper, and count flashes. When I did this, I recorded it so I could watch at my leisure and be sure about the flashes.
Where are the pins to jump and what's the procedure? Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do a YouTube search "2002 frontier/xterra abs codes" that's the tutorial I used. I'm sorry, I do not know how to post links, and such. I have a service manual, that explains the codes. You need a service manual! If you own a 1rst gen. IMHO

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I guess I'll be trying my luck with the jumper method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts