Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My truck is in my sig, its a '03 4x4 v-6 cclb. My ABS light just came on this week for the first time ever. What should I start with, any ideas? I saw a guy on here post about grounding a pin on the OBD port to get the actual ABS code. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything else. I'm not really interested in taking it to a dealer. There is a symptom. When I put the brakes on hard, not hard enough to lock the tires, the anti-lock pulsing does occur. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know how your 1st gen compares to my 2nd when it comes to ABS and such but when I first got my truck my ABS, Brake, and Battery light came on and it turned out to have a faulty alternator from the factory. If you ain't getting an battery or light output issues this may not be your problem but it's definitely something to check. Like I said I don't know much about the differences of our systems just know of my experience with my ABS light. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on your issue but I wish you the best of luck :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the ABS light is on, no others. The brakes make a funny noise and don't work right until the ABS light comes on, then they work properly as far as I can tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts