Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some digging around, couldn't find much by way of real answers. Truck is an 04 XE 4wd.

The ABS light has been on since I bought it about 3 months ago. Now I'm trying to sell it, and I cannot get the light to go away. When I scanned it 3 months ago it said that the front left sensor was bad. I pulled both front sensors & cleaned them. Light didn't go away. I replaced the left sensor. Light still hasn't gone away. Scanned it again yesterday, I now have codes:
-C1115: it's for ABS, but I cannot figure out what exactly.
-C1108: front left or right
-C1107: the opposite of above.

I cleared the codes, but the light is still on. I've got a scanner en route from Amazon so I can track this more closely. But I'm confused as to why I'd get a code for the from left when I just replaced that (aside from the obvious reasons of a bad part or installation error, neither of which I think are the problem). What is C1115, and could it be contributing to my problem here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The C1115 code is a chassis code for abnormal signal. I'm currently trying to sort this out on my 04 CC. I've read that wheel bearings and damaged tone rings can cause this. I too pulled my front sensors and cleaned them which got rid of the front left sensor code I previously had. I know it's the front left wheel which is causing this as every time I brake and the abs pulses the truck pulls right pretty hard. My next step is to pull the left front hub and check/re-pack the bearings and see if that helps. If not I'll try new bearings and possibly a new hub assy.

Your issue sounds pretty complex.. did you try cleaning the tone rings when you had the sensors out?

I'm curious, which scanner are you using?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The C1115 code is a chassis code for abnormal signal. I'm currently trying to sort this out on my 04 CC. I've read that wheel bearings and damaged tone rings can cause this. I too pulled my front sensors and cleaned them which got rid of the front left sensor code I previously had. I know it's the front left wheel which is causing this as every time I brake and the abs pulses the truck pulls right pretty hard. My next step is to pull the left front hub and check/re-pack the bearings and see if that helps. If not I'll try new bearings and possibly a new hub assy.

Your issue sounds pretty complex.. did you try cleaning the tone rings when you had the sensors out?

I'm curious, which scanner are you using?
Yes, I cleaned the rings while I had the sensors out. I was just using the scanner at my local advanced auto, but I have one en route from Amazon (I forget the name, but it's the first item under "obd2 scanner").

That code frustrates me, I hope I don't have a problem with my hub, bearings, etc. I need to sell this, not fiddle around with these things haha

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah the indirect codes are a pain! Two years ago when I had this issue the dealer pulled, cleaned and re-packed both hubs and that took care of it...for $600. Now that it's back I'm suspecting the bearings gotta go.. they're the originals with 116k on them. Thankfully this is something I can now do myself and save that money. Your sensor issues really have me puzzled. Might be worth it to have shop test them all for a good signal and go from there. I hope you get to the bottom of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts