Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Update..
2006 Frontier 6 speed nismo.

Wire #41 does nothing on my truck. No lights and abs still kicks in. Not sure if I have the yaw sensor or not and honestly cycling the engine while driving isn't hard but would be difficult in a panic situation I suppose.

The other wire I tried was #11 and that killed the speedo input as it's how the "unified meter control unit" connects to the can system. I didn't check out the abs operation when I did that one as not having a speedo or other gauges kind of sucks.

I'm wondering if wire #4 would do anything as it's labeled "ignition switch on or start" or if that's just to trigger the warning lamps. If not has anyone tried to put a relay on the main power wires #1 & #32 yet?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Update..
2006 Frontier 6 speed nismo.

Wire #41 does nothing on my truck. No lights and abs still kicks in. Not sure if I have the yaw sensor or not and honestly cycling the key while driving isn't hard but would be difficult in a panic situation I suppose.

The other wire I tried was #11 and that killed the speedo input as it's how the "unified meter control unit" connects to the can system. I didn't check out the abs operation when I did that one as not having a speedo or other gauges kind of sucks. And having to cycle the key isn't the greatest.

What DOES mostly work is wire #4 "ignition switch on or start" wire on the E125 plug on the abs pump contraption. Instantly kills abs though speedo and 4x4 indicator blanks out, BUT I'm still able to switch from 2x4 to 4x4 but not into 4 Low as that I think wants your speed to be under a certain amount and because it's getting no input it won't shift. As soon as I flip the switch and connect #4 I hear the transfer case motor switching into or out of 4 Low.

If you reconnect #4 then everything comes back to normal and no need to cycle the ignition to re-enable abs or anything like that.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well that sucks.

For some reason the blue wire in the OG write up looks more "blue" than yours.

Yesterday I was driving at fairly high speeds and pulled off a dirt side road. It was raining and the muddy. Almost ABSed myself into an irrigation ditch as my truck did not even try to slow down.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No speedo does kinda suck but the fact that it will kill the abs damn near immediately is great. I have two blue wires and one sky blue wire and neither of them worked. The ignition one is white with a red stripe or red with a white stripe. Kills the average mph or mpg if it's selected on the display, does nothing to the others and doesn't reset mpg or mph if you have it on another setting while the abs is off.

I ran wires through the hood release grommet that's behind the brake booster, go from inside with a solid wire and then tape wires to it and pull them all back inside the cab. Ran my switch to just in front of the ebrake handle. Easy to get to as all those parts pop off easily but fyi there is two layers of plastic in that area so you'll need a long switch body or drill one hole for the switch and a bigger one for the switch guts to clear the inner layer. I picked up a bunch of parts when radio shack was closing stores so I just picked a little single pole switch. Up is on with ABS crap and down shuts it off, it's really easy to hit right there and no need to hunt on the dash for a switch!! Definitely DO NOT want to hunt for that switch as you're sliding!! The black one is just a momentary one hooked up to my led lights up front.

Kid and I just got back from the mountains and the stupid abs sucks as per usual! Slowed way down to go through a gully in the road and the pump starts pulsing, hit the switch quick and I can stop so I don't nail the 1 foot deep x 2 foot long trench at speed (5mph but still fast enough to not feel good).

So, just do it and put the switch there so you don't have to lean forward and hunt when you're sliding towards a cliff..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I went x-mas tree cutting this weekend with the fam. Deep snow trenches and Ice so we took my truck. On the way out (downhill), I shifted into 4low and rear locker so that I had teh ABS delete on. My wife noticed and thought it was odd that I used low range and a rear locker as the terrain was not very difficult.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dang Nissan4Life, you started this thread over a year ago and have yet to do the mod!?

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Dang Nissan4Life, you started this thread over a year ago and have yet to do the mod!?
Nope never did the mod. I put blizzaks on and don't have too much of a problem anymore. Unless i hit mud on the side of the road. I have a stack of projects that I am over due on too. Parts I have bought more than a year ago.

You post about wire #41 not working doesn't help me get motivated either.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts