Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed the front and rear ARB lockers and am attempting to perform a mod to disable the ABS motor while the compressor is on or possibly from a rocker switch in the cab. My thought was to power a relay to open a circuit going to the ABS motor. Has anyone done this or something similar or even have the ABS schematic for me to browse? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,832 Posts
Nicoclub has the factory service manuals for download in multi-part PDF, including the wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't seem to be able to find him. Nicoclub? When I try to private message him/her using that name I have no luck finding him.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
He meant here. Nissan Frontier Factory Service Manuals Pick your year

If I remember right, when you are in 4 low, this turns off anyway and that is the only time I could see you having both lockers on anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I did look that up on the nico club website. Unfortunately all I was able to find is connection diagrams and not schematics (which are not detailed enough for what I want to do). Not sure if this is what things have come to but I much prefer schematics over connection diagrams.

I do indead wish that abs was switched off while in low range. Unfortunately it does not for my truck. The ABLS still engages and ABS still tries to kill you on steap descents.

Honestly I would rather interrupt the wire going to the abs motor rather than the whole abs circuit to avoid the whole rash of problems that arise from the latter. That's my thinking anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts