Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm headed to the dealership this weekend and wanted to see if I was getting a decent deal. New 2020 4x4 SV Crew Cab with the Value Truck package for $31100 out the door (includes about $1100 in tax and $400 dealer fee). I've been convinced I had a good price before only to find a forum like this and realize I got burned. Dealer doesn't seem willing to come down any further but I'm in no rush so I can afford to walk away. Figure this time I'll ask first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can tell you I bought a 2019 SL with 13k miles last July for $25k plus tax title license. Think the total was just under or just over $27k.

Your price doesnt seem like a great deal. I was looking at one year old SV's for around $24k early early last year with 18k miles in my area.

·
Premium Member
2019 Frontier SV 4X4 CC A/T 3" lift - Radflos, SPC ca, ADO +3leaf +shackles, Shrockworks skids
207 Posts
I bought a 2019 SV Crew Cab 4x4 with 2k miles for $20k +ttl. No, I wouldn't spend Ranger or Tacoma money on a Frontier.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
68 Posts
All depends on your region. In the northeast, you won't get any more than about 4.5k or so off sticker. In the south, people are getting more like 7k off sticker. You will not ever get 7k off sticker around where I live.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That’s not a bad price compared to what the local dealer is asking. 4x4 cc vtp internet price $30799. In comparison they had my comparable 2019 marked down to $26k last year, but they have a lot less 2020’s and the market is hot.
You will get your best price on the last day of the month, call and make a otd offer on the 28th, or better yet wait until the last day of March, end of the quarter. They really don’t want to pay a extra month of interest on the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 2020 pro 4X on January 30. Sticker price was right at $40,000. They were only discounting it about $4500. They would not come down any more. I had a trade-in and they wound up giving me $3000 more for the trade-in than I paid for it to make the deal work. There were only two pro 4X trucks on the lot and they sold the second one the next day. With all the fees, taxes and no trade plus the discount it was still coming in at $42,000. The fees that get added on at the end of the deal are just ridiculous in some states. This is in the Metro Atlanta area and as far as I can tell there may not be any of these pro 4x trucks left on any lots now. I saw one up in Northwest Georgia a dealer had discounted about $6k.

Bottom line, I think it depends on the inventory and the model you are looking for. Most dealers are only going to discount the truck so much but at the end of the month in order to make numbers they are willing to just take an absolute hit on a trade-in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my CPO 2018 Desert Runner Crew Cab with 22k miles for 25k out the door in December of last year. However, I'm in southern cali, and my price includes a 5 year powertrain warranty. Like others said, depends on region. Also, the truck market overall is still hot. If you like the truck you’re looking at, then buy it. However, if I were you, I would look for a 2019 low mileage used 4x4, its the same truck, except it will come with the 5 speed trans and the price will be much lower. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
2016 Pro4x with 27 miles for $30k

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a 2020 Pro-4x for $33k not including taxes and registration as I bought it in Texas and live in Nevada.

Last Year I bought a 2019 Pro-4x with 22k miles for $22k. It was in Florida so had it shipped to Nevada. I searched for 2 months to find a deal like that.

·
Registered
2018 Frontier Crew Cab SV 6cyl Flex Fuel
73 Posts
Research the dealer cost of the vehicle. Keep in mind any rebates offered are paid back to the dealer. So if a vehicle is 35,000 and there is a 3,000 rebate the dealer hasn’t discounted the vehicle. He is still working off list price. So if he gives you another say 2,000 off, and then charges a 500 dealer fee, he is only discounting the vehicle 1,500. Not nearly a decent discount for a leftover. Don’t work from the list down. Work from the cost up. If you buy the vehicle at dealers cost, their profit will be the Rebate and any holdback the dealer normally gets. Which is enough on a leftover. Also sometimes there is rebates to the dealer on leftovers that the customers never know about. Salesmen are trained to refuse the customers offers over 5 to 10 times. You can keep pounding if you know the right numbers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
They seem to want next gen prices for the 2020's... i'd wait and spend maybe a few k more on a new edition if you're going to risk the new drivetrain and everything else.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV 4X4 Special Edition
3 Posts
I bought a 2020 CC 4X4 Special Edition on 12/31/20, and paid $31,559 out the door. I think it was an OK deal, as sticker was $35,235 plus the typical junk fees and taxes. Nissan had a $2K rebate as well for end of year incentive. I'm thinking that they wanted to get rid of it before the end of the year, so they had them discounted pretty good. I paid $28,614 plus junk and taxes for the truck. Their price today for the same truck is 29,995 plus junk and taxes. I have a brother-in-law that works for Nissan, so I had one on their VPP (Vehicle Purchase Program) coupons to get the truck at employee pricing, but the dealer's price was lower than the VPP price.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone have 2021 pricing yet? Ill be shocked if a 4x4 vtp equivalent isn’t in over 40k. You won’t see anything near 2021 prices is my guess. All that new safety gear is very expensive.

·
Registered
2020 Pro4x
21 Posts
I just got a 2020 Pro-4x for $33k not including taxes and registration as I bought it in Texas and live in Nevada.

Last Year I bought a 2019 Pro-4x with 22k miles for $22k. It was in Florida so had it shipped to Nevada. I searched for 2 months to find a deal like that.
so you have a 2019 and a 2020? Baller!

·
Registered
2020 Pro4x
21 Posts
2020 pro4x loaded, 35500 cash price 1500 finance rebate(0.9% 72mo), 5k trade in on a 3k car, 3500 down payment, 2500 ttl, 27 out the door. Somebody tell me I got a deal! o_O

·
Registered
26 Posts
2020 pro4x loaded, 35500 cash price 1500 finance rebate(0.9% 72mo), 5k trade in on a 3k car, 3500 down payment, 2500 ttl, 27 out the door. Somebody tell me I got a deal! o_O
Same, lol almost exact but I got some stupid accessories I had to negotiate down because wtf it really costs them a maybe a couple hundred and they want a few thousand. It's the easiest to negotiate after the sale price of the truck too. One exception is that I never put money down on anything. IMO it's better to have the money safely available than to give up your cushion to spend less and overall have less per month. You could've just spaced out that savings yourself on payments. But if you get in an accident the more skin in the game you have potentially is net loss overall. No cash down, negotiate cheap gap insurance with finance and enjoy your big bank account and peace of mind.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts