Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
2020 Moderating
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So there is this very nice "abandoned" SV in a place I park in often, that has been there for at least 6-8 months now. It is in the same exact parking spot, no movement.

Bed extender and Ultilitrak cleats in place, so this is obviously a relatively safe area :)

I am not going to say exactly where this is for you non-standup members that might think of pilfering something :) It is in a well lit area that is often patrolled by State Troopers, and is still here after months and months and months.

Anyway, I'd love to know the story on this, as I feel bad every time I see this, and park next to it.

It feels like an abandoned child or something to me, and I feel like it needs help. Suggestions?

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
13,174 Posts
I knew I left that somewhere, couldn't remember where. I could use my extra cleats, mind sending them back here, please? ;)

On a serious note - looks good for sitting 6-8 months. It would be covered in moss if that was parked like that here.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You might give your local police a call (use 311, not 911) to request a "health and welfare" check for the vehicle's owner - They can run the plates and determine who owns it.

While you're on the phone, ask them what the procedure is for obtaining the title for an abandoned vehicle.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
With the flat bed truck in the background, it looks like a rest stop. Are you sure it hasn't moved? Could be a guy parking in the same place every night.

Grab a piece of chalk and mark the tires.

·
2020 Moderating
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the flat bed truck in the background, it looks like a rest stop. Are you sure it hasn't moved? Could be a guy parking in the same place every night.

Grab a piece of chalk and mark the tires.
I am 100% certain it has not moved. I am a ding avoider and pay close attention to how people are parked within the lines.

Zero exaggeration on the length of time this SV has been there.

I stop by every Monday and Thursday. If I don’t step up and take skibane’s suggestions, I’ll take more pics this Thursday :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
1) Stolen and dropped.
2) Owner parked it and dropped dead nearby.
3) Owner parked it and and was arrested on warrant nearby.
4) Pissed off spouse hiding it from its rightful owner.

It's definitely not there because his driveway was full at home.
I'd let the State Police know, who will promptly tow it to a storage yard :confused:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
^We'll start a GoFundMe to cover your bail. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
That Red is such a nice color. I would have pulled the trigger on one but I'm not a fan of the wheat interior, can't get behind that.

·
Banned
219 Posts
So there is this very nice "abandoned" SV in a place I park in often, that has been there for at least 6-8 months now. It is in the same exact parking spot, no movement.

Bed extender and Ultilitrak cleats in place, so this is obviously a relatively safe area :)

I am not going to say exactly where this is for you non-standup members that might think of pilfering something :) It is in a well lit area that is often patrolled by State Troopers, and is still here after months and months and months.

Anyway, I'd love to know the story on this, as I feel bad every time I see this, and park next to it.

It feels like an abandoned child or something to me, and I feel like it needs help. Suggestions?
extended trip to europe. he'll want it when he gets back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
anybody get the GPS location from the image exif data? ?

·
2020 Moderating
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice try HerNameIsGinger, I have that turned off on my phone.

Here are some updated pictures from tonight, I parked in the same spot as last time.

I did take a picture of the license plate, but, I for now have decided to 'indirectly' take drobs advice and not do anything. If this is a serviceman who would simply like a place to leave his vehicle while deployed, I am not costing him (or her) an extra $500 to get it back. That is my current thought anyway.

Attachments

·
2020 Moderating
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Follow up, I was surprised to see valid inspection/emission stickers, which I checked out for the first time tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
From your pictures, it looks unbelievably clean for a vehicle that's been sitting there over half a year.

Someone is washing it.

My guess: Car-pooler.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts