Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin at 3-6in of lift an wonderin if its better to go with shackles and possible blocks or an AAL main issue being how much payload/towing am i going to lose with the AAL compared to the shackles the articulation as done all that ive asked so far so thats not a major issue r there any other pros/cons?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There is a big difference between 3" of lift and 6" of lift.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah well i want 35s but dont know if its worth the trouble/expense

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
35s on a gen 2 are pointless with out gear options you can run most trails out there with 33s and armor

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats what ive heard but either way im gonna need to bring the back level w/ the front and was jus wondering which is more practial

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i understand that but id b looking to upgrade either way

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you plan on carrying any type of load I'd stay away from the AAL, in any of the jeeps that i've owned the AAL never lasted very long 2-3 years max and that was without adding any significant loads, before they sagg. Yes they are a cheap way to gain height but you will end up spending more in the long run after they fail and you end up replacing the whole spring pack anyway. If you're trying to save a bit find a donar vehicle with similar sized leaf springs that you can add the main leaf into the existing leaf pack, or ones that are a little longer for more height. I had a sight that referenced these for jeeps and other vehicles but can't find it right now. If i find it I'll post the link.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
If you want 6" of lift you are going to want to get a full replacement left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts