Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And yet another clip guys. Did a little run again today. Got on it pretty good, not crazy, but enough to see how the Truetrac & 4.11's do out of the hole with a bit of power to them. Actually did the clip from two camera's. One normal & one a street view. Ran pretty good on the clips, actually hit my 7K limiter in first, but didn't hurt it too bad. Anyway, did lay a couple black lines for maybe 3-4 truck lengths(before it hit the limiter).

YouTube - 08 Frontier Truetrac Tryout 1

YouTube - 08 Frontier Truetrac Tryout 2

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I counted 4 chirps.:)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
lol, nice Rodney, that looks like 13 seconds to me.....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
lol, nice Rodney, that looks like 13 seconds to me.....
Well, in this hot summer weather I'm not sure if I can squeak into the 13's or not. Texas summers are not ideal track days. I figure my recent mods only gained me maybe 2-3 tenths at the track at most. So I will still probably need a decent DA to get there. Come fall I'll be making a hard run at those high 13's though.
As a side note though, the 4.11/Truetrac makes playing a little on the street much better. Before if I had given it the appx 2500rpms I did here at launch, I would have done a one-legger spin through 3rd gear. At least now it tries to get traction by 2nd gear. And now if I actually try I can usually launch pretty hard with no or little tire spin as long as I don't get overly aggressive with the throttle until 2nd gear.

I counted 4 chirps.:)
Yeah that's one of the "features" the 4.11's gave me :) . Before on the street 3rd was usually it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
SICK. Your truck sounds sweet too. Kinda "sporty" sounding, but not too car like. I want TruTrac and 4.11's :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts