Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since the last time I hit the dirt my rear springs are squeaking like crazy. Almost so loud that a good volume of music with the windows rolled up doesn't even block the noise. The last few times I've done what everyone suggested and jacked up the truck at the frame, pressure washed everywhere between the leaves, let it dry, and I've tried silicone spray and regular bearing grease. Doing this always offers an almost pretty much squeak free truck for a little bit. However, its a lot of work sometimes and never lasts. One good dirt trail and my truck is back to some insane squeaking.

So my question really is, has anyone on here that takes there truck in the dirt and had really squeaky springs found a better solution?

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
It's a truck, it's going to make noise if you use it. I just had the giant 64" springs installed with brand new bushings all around...guess what; getting into the truck for the first time the springs still squeaked. The only thing you can do is take the leaf pack apart and spray it with some form of lube when it gets too bad. I personally use the chain wax from my dirt bike on my springs and other various parts. Doesn't help too much, but prevents rusting.

I have also heard of, but never seen personally, little rubber grommets that you put in-between each leaf to help prevent noise. Like I said; I have never used them, but I know they exist...just not sure they actually work.

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah mine does the same thing man. But typically after ive washed it out (i just do it with the truck sitting on the ground with a hose and sprayer) OR driven in rain, itll go away untill I get mud up there again. Even though I knew it wouldnt last a week, Ive tried spraying wd40 on them and that didnt work either.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ive been using Remoil, did it twice right after I installed the deavers and have had no squeaks since. I'll usually hit it about every 4 to 5 months. I wonder if the teflon component helps. (WD didnt last a week)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've never seen this REM-Oil stuff before, I get squeak in my front springs now after installing new shocks and leveling spacer ... so I'm interested in knowing a permanent fix without constantly applying lube to everything ...

·
Registered
193 Posts
just curious, but how does wd40 cause corrosion? its a lubricant. im not saying it doesnt, but that doesnt seem to make sense.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Been use'n Silicone spray with some success..
I own a Pressure Washer too; clean and lube after every adventure in dust/dirt.

WD40 is bad, it corrodes things faster.
^+1??? W(ater)D(isplacement)40(th attempt).

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah I dont mind it squeaking a little, but right now its pretty crazy loud. Sounds like an old trophy truck thats hasnt been greased up in years.

Anyways, I guess Ill just have to keep pressure washing and greasing it like normal. Not much more to do.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i grabbed my dupont multi use spray from lowes that i use for my motorcycle chain. i sprayed the crap out of the springs and the noise has lessened.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I read on another forum where someone took their leaf pack apart, sprayed them with that rubberized undercoating stuff, and reassembled. Squeek free.
Might be a lot of work, but if it works, and lasts, and bothers you that much, it might be worth a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts