Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All and thanks for allowing me to join the group,

I an a northern Cali Nissan Frontier owner (2013 Crew Cab) and recently my family grew to 6. I was hoping to purchase an older Nissan Frontier with a 60/40 front bench seat to fit everyone on the rare occasion we need to use my truck. After a couple hours of research I quickly realized this is not an easy find. Does anyone know the list of year/make/models that offered the front split bench seat. I am willing to purchase a older used truck to keep within the Frontier realm. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jed

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Hello All and thanks for allowing me to join the group,

I an a northern Cali Nissan Frontier owner (2013 Crew Cab) and recently my family grew to 6. I was hoping to purchase an older Nissan Frontier with a 60/40 front bench seat to fit everyone on the rare occasion we need to use my truck. After a couple hours of research I quickly realized this is not an easy find. Does anyone know the list of year/make/models that offered the front split bench seat. I am willing to purchase a older used truck to keep within the Frontier realm. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jed
2nd gen (2005-up) never had a bench front seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response raine. I've learned the same from Google, but after an extensive search for Frontiers in the 1998 to 2004 range I still can't find a truck with a front bench seat. I was wondering if there were particular models that offered this option back then.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I believe lower model Rangers have a 40/60 front but I cant see it fitting more than 2 up there it's just plain tight being a smaller pickup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sabretooth. I was looking to fit my young boys up front so it would be tight but achievable for short distance mountain outings. I'll keep my eyes out for a lower model and let you know if I come across one. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Thanks for the quick response raine. I've learned the same from Google, but after an extensive search for Frontiers in the 1998 to 2004 range I still can't find a truck with a front bench seat. I was wondering if there were particular models that offered this option back then.
Well, even if they had a bench for 97-04, it's a totally different truck... not even the same measurements, mounting points... and then there's safety issues, etc.

Your 2nd gen is meant for 5 only. Time to get a 3-row SUV.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think you would have to go back to the 80’s Hard body Nissan trucks to fine a bench seat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late response but I use to own a Nissan Frontier 2000 king cab. My buddy had a 90s ranger with a bench seat took that and it bolted in no problem only issue was kinda hard to get into rear drivers head rest would hit horn if folded down and remounting seatbelt buckles hope this helps! I’m looking to turn my 2015 Nissan into a bench seat running into the problem with the E break (2000 Nissan had a rip stick E break)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts