Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they aren't very good, but just a few snap shots somebody got one day. most of this is imogene pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Were you nervous driving on that slope? The last picture in your first post. That's pretty crazy. Looks like a fun day, what was the elevation up there?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Nice shots. Is your truck two-toned or is that chrome on the bottom?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nahh that last shot is on ophir pass, it's got exposure, but there is a lot worse out here haha. Black bear pass... that one makes me nervous. no two tone, just chrome, which i am dying to get rid of haha

oh elevations haha. imogene tops out at 13,144 ft and ophir pass is something like 12, 280 ft.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
so hard to breath that high

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the engine finds it REAL hard to breathe up there. poorly calibrated jeeps sometimes cant even get restarted when they shut down at the summit to chill a bit. haha

·
Registered
331 Posts
the engine finds it REAL hard to breathe up there. poorly calibrated jeeps sometimes cant even get restarted when they shut down at the summit to chill a bit. haha
Dude, awesome pics! I love livin in Colorado even though your in a different part of the state. Its a good feeling when ya get your truck up above timberline isn't it? The alttitude factor is exactly why i bought my Supercharger Frontier, it doesn't bog down as bad in the high alttitude like N/A trucks. Granted you would notice as much in the newer trucks but its still noticeable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah man, i notice it haha. i was on top of imogene (13,144ft.) popped her in 2wd and put the pedal to the floor in the big open space. i got to about 10 mph hahaha. gotta love altitude

·
Registered
24 Posts
run up imagine over to poughkeepsie gulch and back down black bear i have run all 3 in a day but you will have to hustle. just close your eyes on black bear it all ends at the bottom.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha black bear is what i call a brown trouser road. as far as technical driving goes, it's not so bad, it's just that one mistake equals certain death! haha. haven't driven my frontier over it, but i drove my friends ranger over black bear a year and a half ago. the way i see it, if that thing made it, so will the fronty, which is way more capable by the way

·
Registered
331 Posts
oh yeah man, i notice it haha. i was on top of imogene (13,144ft.) popped her in 2wd and put the pedal to the floor in the big open space. i got to about 10 mph hahaha. gotta love altitude
I took my 89 hardbody up to Bill Moore Lake (elev. 11525 ft) and on flat ground it had a hard time not bein in 4LO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha i'd imagine it did. i mean fortunately for us driving these passes in 4hi is a major no no for your truck so we dont have to worry too much. 4lo really is an amazing feature haha

·
Registered
331 Posts
haha i'd imagine it did. i mean fortunately for us driving these passes in 4hi is a major no no for your truck so we dont have to worry too much. 4lo really is an amazing feature haha
Yeah 4LO is awesome, the hardbody was v6 but way under powered. I'm pretty sure it stalled out as soon as the trail started to even hint that we were goin uphill LOL. The S/C has decent power but still under powered in my opinion. But it'll hang with most trucks on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Yeah 4LO is awesome, the hardbody was v6 but way under powered. I'm pretty sure it stalled out as soon as the trail started to even hint that we were goin uphill LOL. The S/C has decent power but still under powered in my opinion. But it'll hang with most trucks on the road.
our motors are not terribly powerful,but they run good. make sure your gearing is right and you got all the torque you need. transfer case reduction or a deeper differential gear helps a lot. motor has an easier job of it and you got your "power" back

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we may not be THAT powerful but as far as midsized trucks go i'd say we got one of the best. whatever engine the tacoma uses is rather impressive though, i'm gonna go out on a limb though by saying it may only seem so because of the trucks lighter body all around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts