2,845 Posts
Great pix, and a very cool rig.

Thanks for posting!

Reactions: AzureApe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! It's only about 1800 pounds empty so in the 2200ish? range with our gear and whatnot so we're only pulling about 1/3 the max capacity. That said, you can tell it's there especially over bumps. The bigger issue than towing is payload, as two people + dog + a small amount of gear + the tongue weight of the trailer = very close to the Pro-4X's payload limit. Depending on what the door jamb stickers mean, the truck either has about 890 pounds of maximum payload or 620 pounds of maximum payload. Either way, that's not a lot of capacity, and you can feel it. We've gotten better about loading the trailer so it carries even more of our stuff, with less in the truck, and that has helped. We've taken it up to 11,000 feet and the truck has hit every speed I've tried, although the five-speed automatic doesn't always give the best or quietest gear for it.

Also I highly recommend Pickett State Park. Great little spot.

·
Registered
‘18 Frontier, 4x2, 4.0 V6, Gun Metallic
57 Posts
Nice! I live down in SE TN just 15 minutes or so from the Ocoee River and Cherokee National Forest. We usually go riding over there or make the journey up to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If you like to kayak or raft, the Ocoee River is a must. Also, swing by The Dam Deli on the way and enjoy some good cooked southern food. Tennessee is such a beautiful state!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I live down in SE TN just 15 minutes or so from the Ocoee River and Cherokee National Forest. We usually go riding over there or make the journey up to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If you like to kayak or raft, the Ocoee River is a must. Also, swing by The Dam Deli on the way and enjoy some good cooked southern food. Tennessee is such a beautiful state!
Thanks for the recommendations! We'll make it down to the southern part of the state at some point. So far the state has not disappointed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You don't even have to drive to the Ocoee for kayaking. Big South Fork is a National Park with a Class 3-4 river that is excellent. There are more than a few white water choices between Pickett and the Ocoee. The entire Plateau inside TN is full of adventure. Motorcycle or sports cars love Tail of the Dragon. Four wheelers and climbers like Savage Gulf. The fun never ends! Come visit.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Unless you have another devoted thread, some more pics of that lil camper would be ideal!

Reactions: AzureApe

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,467 Posts
Very cool pics and I dig that trailer. Our payloads are small on these trucks, I often overweight the box just taking up my hunting gear in the box.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless you have another devoted thread, some more pics of that lil camper would be ideal!
Sure, I'll make a thread about it soon.

Very cool pics and I dig that trailer. Our payloads are small on these trucks, I often overweight the box just taking up my hunting gear in the box.
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't expect the capacity of a full-size, but I did expect at least 1,000+ pounds. My Mazda5 could carry more than that. A shame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts