Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of months ago i had my a/c line replaced and they charged it and all that but 2 months later it started this clicking on and off i took it back and they said it was electrical. it just seems to turn on and off whenever it wants. anyone have an idea i could try

·
Registered
503 Posts
coming from a heating and air guy it sounds like its low on freon. did they check the charge when you took it back

edit (just reread your post) does it come on with the switch in the off position or just shut off and on while the ac switch is on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea the freon is good i had pepboys do it all ... but anyway when the button is off its off completly but when its on it goes back and forth turning on and off it might stay on for 2 hours then shut off or come on for 10 sec then not work for the day its all over theres no pattern

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey there is lots of info about this issue. lots of other people were having the same issue and it fixed it

Just an update on this resolution to 2000 frontier intermitant a/c problem -

Problem resolved by replacing the "Thermal control assy" nissan part# 27675-9z000
this part is located behind the glovebox inside the plastic condensor housing - the part simply sticks in one of the coils and the other end connects to a simple wire pigtail that is viewed protruding from the plastic housing...
sometimes this is called an a/c thermister
good luck - this little part improved my cussing at the a/c not cooling on 100deg. days here in Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts