Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone my uncle as a 2004 or 2003 nissan frontier king cab 4 banger with the manual tranny, well his a/c condenser has gone out and he wants to pull one from a junk yard but the yards around here dont have frontiers, just xterras and other nissans, would these work even if its a v6?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Installing a used condenser would be a poor choice. A condenser typically is replaced because there's physical damage (from a rock or collision) or it's blocked internally from some debris from a seized compressor. The 2004 Frontier has a Parallel Flow Condenser so cannot be flushed out; Replacement Is Strongly Recommended Upon Compressor Failure.

The drier must also be replaced. With the time involved, the oil addition, the evacuation, addition of refrigerant, etc., the condenser is just too important to gamble with a used one, just not worth it.

It's your time and your money, but some gambles are not worth it. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/murray-climate-control-4507/air-conditioning-16770/accumulator-receiver-drier-16871/a-c-condenser-with-drier-11260/a-c-condenser/73100/4584989/2004/nissan/frontier#show_applications

Whatever: do NOT add ANY sealer or refrigerant containing sealers !!! UV dye is OK to add.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installing a used condenser would be a poor choice. A condenser typically is replaced because there's physical damage (from a rock or collision) or it's blocked internally from some debris from a seized compressor. The 2004 Frontier has a Parallel Flow Condenser so cannot be flushed out; Replacement Is Strongly Recommended Upon Compressor Failure.

The drier must also be replaced. With the time involved, the oil addition, the evacuation, addition of refrigerant, etc., the condenser is just too important to gamble with a used one, just not worth it.

It's your time and your money, but some gambles are not worth it. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/murray-climate-control-4507/air-conditioning-16770/accumulator-receiver-drier-16871/a-c-condenser-with-drier-11260/a-c-condenser/73100/4584989/2004/nissan/frontier#show_applications

Whatever: do NOT add ANY sealer or refrigerant containing sealers !!! UV dye is OK to add.
my uncle is a diesel mechanic so he knows what he is doing i am just trying to help him by seeing what would work thats all, he wants to buy used and thats what i will help him with

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Condensers from all 2003-2004 Frontiers and Xterras, regardless of engine, are compatible. Earlier years are different. That said, I also agree that a new condenser is the best way to go.

·
Registered
674 Posts

This might be a stupid question but as long as there's no debris from compressor failure, Why can't you just blow ac flush through with compressed air? Blow through the drier side till it comes out clean then back flush it through the compressor discharge side just for good measure?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i am stupid, talked to him and he meant a/c compressor so which one of those will work in his truck?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
4-cyl. model, 98-04 Frontiers and 00-04 Xterra A/C compressors are interchangeable. The V6 compressors are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts